MA Acting Entry 2018 Watch

Grape24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thesper)
Just wanted to jump in and say I bit the bullet and decided to apply for September entry, I know it’s late but there are some late deadlines for some courses and I know I want to do this!
Best of luck to you! Which schools did you apply for?
Grape24
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is everyone getting on with their auditions?

I had my RCS audition cancelled last week because of the snow, and then couldn’t get to Guildford for my audition as no coaches or trains were running!

Both auditions have been rescheduled for May, which I’m kind of annoyed about because it’s such a long wait. Especially RCS because I sent off my application in late October hoping to get an early audition. That worked out well, haha.
ardenforest
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Grape24)

I had my RCS audition cancelled last week because of the snow, and then couldn’t get to Guildford for my audition as no coaches or trains were running!

Both auditions have been rescheduled for May, which I’m kind of annoyed about because it’s such a long wait. Especially RCS because I sent off my application in late October hoping to get an early audition. That worked out well, haha.
Oh no! This weather has been crazy. My flight was rescheduled/cancelled twice coming back from London last week because of the snow. And right now its so gross in NYC. Can you ask to be 'waitlisted' for an earlier date? I know some people who have done that (not at those two schools, but it may be worth the ask, especially cause you had one before!)

I'm all done with my interviews/auditions and I know where I'll be next year (yay!)- Central for their Advanced Theatre Practice MFA!

Hope everyone's auditions go well and you get good news!
doll_parts
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Grape24)

I've been offered a place at Drama Centre which was my first choice!

I still have my Bristol Old Vic and Mountview first round to go but I don't know if I should attend.

In terms of BOVTS, financially and time wise it would be a hassle getting there plus I am content with Drama Centre, the only thing that is niggling me is the fact that it is a two year course which is something I would prefer and ofc it is BOVTS. I really want to go to Drama Centre though so I'm confused. Also, the audition is on a Friday which means I could get back a holiday day if I decide not to go...

Will definitely be attending my Mountview audition since it's on a Sunday though and in London.

Hope everyone's auditions is going well!
Grape24
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doll_parts)
I've been offered a place at Drama Centre which was my first choice!

I still have my Bristol Old Vic and Mountview first round to go but I don't know if I should attend.

In terms of BOVTS, financially and time wise it would be a hassle getting there plus I am content with Drama Centre, the only thing that is niggling me is the fact that it is a two year course which is something I would prefer and ofc it is BOVTS. I really want to go to Drama Centre though so I'm confused. Also, the audition is on a Friday which means I could get back a holiday day if I decide not to go...

Will definitely be attending my Mountview audition since it's on a Sunday though and in London.

Hope everyone's auditions is going well!
Congratulations! That's great to hear. Drama Centre is a great school.

I've been really enjoying reading your blog on your audition experiences. I had my Oxford School of Drama audition yesterday, and could relate a lot to what you said about the day, haha!
Grape24
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ardenforest)
Oh no! This weather has been crazy. My flight was rescheduled/cancelled twice coming back from London last week because of the snow. And right now its so gross in NYC. Can you ask to be 'waitlisted' for an earlier date? I know some people who have done that (not at those two schools, but it may be worth the ask, especially cause you had one before!)

I'm all done with my interviews/auditions and I know where I'll be next year (yay!)- Central for their Advanced Theatre Practice MFA!

Hope everyone's auditions go well and you get good news!
With Guildford, they only hold first round auditions on certain Saturdays so the next one they have is in May. Seems strange that they wouldn't have another one sooner.

Great news. Congrats!
ChrisEdge95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey guys, how long have RWCMD taken to get back to people after first round?
Grape24
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ChrisEdge95)
Hey guys, how long have RWCMD taken to get back to people after first round?
I heard back a week after my audition.
jhussbee
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Guys, Has anyone on the shortlist for BOVTS heard yet? I was put on the list a couple of months ago and the waiting is legit agony
Fuchsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m a little late to this party! Anyway, hello all...
I’m a mature student and I applied to the following courses back in March/April:

ArtsEd (MA Acting)
Drama Centre (MA Acting)
Drama Centre (MA Screen Acting)
Drama Studio (1&2 Year Courses)
East 15 (MA Acting)
Mountview (MA Acting)
CSSD (MA Acting & Screen Acting).

From the ones I’ve auditioned at so far it’s a mixed bag so far. I have an offer from Drama Studio. I’m on the waiting list for Arts Ed. I have recalls at Drama Centre. I didn’t make it to the recall at Mountview, which is the only audition in which I thought I smashed it out the park. Just goes to show ‘feeling it’ might be no indicator of success!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sunscolide
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You guys are always on the hard sell! and your graduate numbers are hugely massaged, stop trying to mislead people!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads