Remark Dilemma Watch

InferInfer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last month I sent my English language for a remark. It's been well over 6 weeks and I haven't received any response from my school about the remark. I phoned my school today and all they said to me was that it didn't change and just abruptly hung up. Recalled them again and they said they tried to contact me last week but they couldn't get in touch with me. Thing is they never tried to call me or email me. What shall I do?

I think they never tried to remark it in the first place and are just trying to cover it up. Shall I email AQA personally?
SK???
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They probably are telling the truth , but how about calling another time as they might have “abruptly “ hung up due to the time that you called being a very busy time ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by InferInfer)
Last month I sent my English language for a remark. It's been well over 6 weeks and I haven't received any response from my school about the remark. I phoned my school today and all they said to me was that it didn't change and just abruptly hung up. Recalled them again and they said they tried to contact me last week but they couldn't get in touch with me. Thing is they never tried to call me or email me. What shall I do?

I think they never tried to remark it in the first place and are just trying to cover it up. Shall I email AQA personally?
AQA will just refer you back to your exams office, they wont talk to you except about general questions.
Probability is that it didn't change but, even If a remark was not requested, there isn't anything that can be done about it now. It's up to you if you want to keep chasing the school about it but if you want a better grade you will have to retake it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As gdunne42 says, AA won't discuss specifics with you. The majority of reviews don't change the mark - it's a fee for a review not a bribe - so it's not surprising it didn't change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (30)
27.27%
No - I got the required grades (66)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.73%

Watched Threads