Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for my postgraduate loan on the 9/10 online, and on the 11/10 I have sent the declaration signed and my EU ID card, which were received on the 13/10 recorded delivery.

Since then I have been given different time scales for processing, 4/5 days for the declaration, which was correct, but the ID had been a nightmare!!! Some said it would be processed by 20/10 others by the 31/10 (12 working days), but today I have been told maybe by (05/11)...I really don't know what to believe at this point.

The problem is, that on the 23/10 I have been sent a letter asking me for a proof of ID...but I was then advised that it was a system generated letter, Should I be concerned?

And when exactly should I expect the ID to be processed?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mimiitsme,

Your ID would take 12 working days to process from the date that we received it. You would still see requests for this evidence until it has actually been processed so as long as you send your original ID you can disregard these. If it was sent on 11 October special delivery and we received it the following day it would be due to be processed by 30 October. You can add one or two days to this timescale for first class post as it can take a few days to be received by us.

If your ID is the only thing that is outstanding on your Post Graduate Loan (PGL) application then once validated we would be able to approve your application and you will see this update on your online account.

Thanks

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura S SFE)
    Hi Mimiitsme,

Your ID would take 12 working days to process from the date that we received it. You would still see requests for this evidence until it has actually been processed so as long as you send your original ID you can disregard these. If it was sent on 11 October special delivery and we received it the following day it would be due to be processed by 30 October. You can add one or two days to this timescale for first class post as it can take a few days to be received by us.

If your ID is the only thing that is outstanding on your Post Graduate Loan (PGL) application then once validated we would be able to approve your application and you will see this update on your online account.

Thanks

Laura
    Hi Laura, Thank you for answering!

The ID was received on the 13/10, so according to the advisors I spoke with previously it was supposed to be processed on the 31/10.

But today, out of curiosity, I've called SFE and I have been advised that the new time scale is 15 working days. So it looks like no one knows the accurate information.

I just wanted to know if this is the case now? When should I expect my application to be aproved.

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mimiitsme,

Apologies you have been given the wrong timescale. The 15 working days is the current processing timescale for the Rest of World ID (ie, non UK/EU) evidence so looks like they have advised you of this by mistake.

If we received your EU ID on 13 October it would be processed on the 31 October as they are currently taking 12 working days to process EU ID.

Once your ID is accepted, if this is the only thing outstanding on your PGL application then we should be able to get your application approved as soon as it is validated so you can monitor the status of this via your online account. You will be able to get a copy of your Entitlement letter on there once it is approved.

Thanks

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura S SFE)
    Hi Mimiitsme,

Apologies you have been given the wrong timescale. The 15 working days is the current processing timescale for the Rest of World ID (ie, non UK/EU) evidence so looks like they have advised you of this by mistake.

If we received your EU ID on 13 October it would be processed on the 31 October as they are currently taking 12 working days to process EU ID.

Once your ID is accepted, if this is the only thing outstanding on your PGL application then we should be able to get your application approved as soon as it is validated so you can monitor the status of this via your online account. You will be able to get a copy of your Entitlement letter on there once it is approved.

Thanks

Laura
    Hi Laura,

Thank you very much for clarifying this. Hoepefully it will be done by next week.

Thanks once again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.