Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Are there any mature students that are attending access or route courses that have applied to Medicine to start next year? 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also a mature student currently on an access to Medicine course. Also applied to Medical school.
    Where are you doing your course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm doing it at Glasgow Kelvin College. How are you finding the course?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh thats good.
    I'm finding it interesting so far. Especially chem and bio. It's pysics that i find a bit tricky and my least favourite subjects thus far.
    But we just finished our first exams/assignments
    So hopefully got my first 9 distinctions
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah excellent! Where are you studying? Biology is by far my favourite subject. Ah we don't have any physics?! Touched on nuclear chemistry and we'll go into more detail later on but as far as I'm aware there isn't much physics at all! The sheer volume of information to remember is hard going but it's a fast paced course so I'm just studying as much as I can haha! Ooh! Well I hope you get them! I have Maths, Biology and Human Physiology on the 8th, 9th and 10th of November. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm am studying at the Manchester College. Ah me too
    Yes we do, and i hate it. I'd rather have human physiology ahha. Oh thats so interesting , we have done structure and bonding and now proceeding to periodicity.
    Yes, thats definitely true. About The fast pace. I think at first you just have to get use to it and then you will get the swing of things.
    Thank you
    Oh it's coming close for you. Well hope you get them too 🤞🏾
    Which medical schools did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Cool 😊 Haha yeah same! I did a level 5 course a year or so back just to get some knowledge and understanding of biology and chemistry as I hadn't studied them before and we had to do physics as part of that course 😑 I love having a knowledge and understanding of physics in the context of space but studying it? Nope. Haha! Yeah that's it, once you get used to it it'll become easier. I think the fact that in the first two months you have to jump straight in at a high level and at the same time study and complete your UKCAT, apply through UCAS, write your personal statement AND prepare for the interviews you hope to get really makes it tough haha! Now that those things are over I can concentrate on the studying of the subjects. Thank you! 😊 I have applied to Aberdeen and Glasgow. Those are the only 2 universities in Scotland that recognise the Access to Medical Studies Programme as a route to studying medicine. I moved from Aberdeen to Glasgow to attend this course so it was Aberdeen I wanted to apply to anyway 😊 What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yess tell me all about it. I'm so glad all of that Ukcat jazz is over. Ao now you can fully concentrate on getting the grades and Interviews
    Ooh thats good. Ooh thas so good. I also applied to Aberdeen. I wanted to apply to Glasgow as well but didn't think my Ukcat would make it.
    So i applied to Bristol , liverpool and Aberdeen. But i'm ao hoping for an interview at Bristol and Aberdeen
    The waiting is another thing now hah

Oh wow thats a big sacrifice you made there. All the best to you🙌🏾🙌🏾
    Who knows we might be both attending Aberdeen next year😝 #wishful thinking

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha! 😂 Exactly, can focus on trying to get the best grades I can from now on. Ah nice one! Well fingers crossed for you! Yeah it was a bit but totally worth it 😊 Haha yeah you never know!!! Got everything crossed for you! 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.