Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I made an earlier post asking for advice on how to deal with shin splints and what to do prior to my OASC.

Unfortunately I am still suffering from them and I have actually developed them on my other leg. I have my fitness test for P3 entry in 2 weeks today but I don't think I should have any problems passing it as I can use a cross trainer or go swimming between now and then. However after the fitness test there will not be enough time between passing the fitness test and starting training (with all the running in between) to heal.

Should I tell my AFCO of my situation and potentially delay my application until they are healed?

Google toe tapping

Injuries like this are a part of the process, you're not the first to have something happen to them and won't be the last - they know this and will be perfectly ok with you putting a hold on it.

After all, if you're unlikely to pass the test why waste their time and yours?

Call them up and tell them, it'll be fine.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.