Film Studies
English Language
Maths
username3320302
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You chose both film and media studies...
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
Are these good A Level Choices

Media Studies
Film Studies
English Language
Maths
What would you like to do after A-Levels?
liamlarner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by MisledGoddess)
What would you like to do after A-Levels?
Work in the Media, Film Industry study a University Course at University of Middlesex in Television Media Production
ashestostardust
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Work in the Media, Film Industry study a University Course at University of Middlesex in Television Media Production
Then I'd say they're some good A-Level choices! If you are ever a bit unsure about it though and change your mind in some way, I'd say drop either Media or Film. One is fine. But do what you want to do not what some nerds on a forum suggest

And good luck!
liamlarner
Rep:
?
(Original post by MisledGoddess)
Then I'd say they're some good A-Level choices! If you are ever a bit unsure about it though and change your mind in some way, I'd say drop either Media or Film. One is fine. But do what you want to do not what some nerds on a forum suggest

And good luck!
Thanks i am predicted to get a Grade 9 in Maths GCSE is A Level Maths Difficult for a Grade 9 Maths GCSE Student
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks i am predicted to get a Grade 9 in Maths GCSE is A Level Maths Difficult for a Grade 9 Maths GCSE Student
I personally don't take maths A Level but I know people who got A* and struggle, saying it's a massive jump but others who are handling it well. I'd say if you enjoy it and really want to do it you'll find it easier as a lot of those who struggle didn't really want to do it. Put the effort in and you should do fine!
ashestostardust
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Difficulty is subjective, my friend. However, if you are predicted grade 9 I'm sure you'll have the tools to succeed. A-Levels, in general, are meant to be challenging so don't go into the course thinking it'll be all fun and games. I'm sure you won't, though. You seem like a hard-working kinda guy.
ajayma
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn’t do film and media studies as they limit what you can do in the future a lot.
liamlarner
Rep:
?
i will keep media studies what should i swap film studies for is Sociology a good idea
ashestostardust
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i will keep media studies what should i swap film studies for is Sociology a good idea
Good idea. Much broader range of A-Levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads