Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge IGCSE October/November 2017 Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    This is my first time posting on TSR I thought I should make a thread for the winter exam series this year because I couldn't find one. I still have about 2 weeks left of exams! Anyone who has anything to say about this exam series (rants about papers, grade predictions, etc.) are welcome to post!

Subjects I'm taking (they're all the extended syllabuses, so the maximum grade possible is A* in all of them):
    -First Language English (0500)
    -Foreign Language French (0520)
    -Mathematics (0580)
    -Computer Science (0478)
    -Environmental Management (0680)
    -Biology (0610)
    -Chemistry (0620)
    -Physics (0625)

(Note: These aren't re-sits, this is my first time doing these exams! My school chose the winter session, that's all )

ReputationRep:
    Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think

ReputationRep:
    What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.

ReputationRep:
    english was hard AF!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_johns)
    Maths paper 21 was very easy and 41 was kind of hard but i can still manage to get an A i think
    I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions good luck for your results!

(Original post by childishhoon)
    What did you think of Biology? I did variant 3 (Zone 6), and it was alright.
    my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

(Original post by Nightmare55)
    english was hard AF!!!!!!!
    ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clinquantxo)
    I did 22 & 42 (zone 4, variant 2), 22 was easy for me as well! 42 had quite tricky questions but I managed to answer all of the questions good luck for your results!

my whole class thought that biology was so screwed up lol we did variant 2 (zone 4). atp was alright, but some of the mcq questions were written in ways we've never seen before, and there were such weird questions in paper 4 lol! Good luck for your results!

ahhh! which papers have you done so far? i've only done 22 (zone 4, variant 2), i thought it was easy. the first passage was so weird lol! good luck for your results!
    i have only done the english reading paper as a first language 22 and today ill be doing my writing paper 32.....in just 2 hours..the reading paper wasnt hard but it was confusing

ReputationRep:
    I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miyomaya)
    I am taking chemistry (0620) early, I already did the paper 62 on the 26th and found it not too difficult but not too easy either, how did you find it?
    Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
    Good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladgeek)
    Anyone who did the Literature paper 1 today? (I do variant 2) How was it? What set texts did you do?
    sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE
    good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also did the same variant on the same day! I had the same thoughts! Also, the style of some questions was quite different than usual, though....
    Good luck for your results!
    Thank you) best of luck to you too, we'll get through ahhh, let's hope for the best for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i don't take literature :/ but i do variant 2 in my papers as well, yay! how is literature as a subject? i'm considering taking literature after IGCSE
    good luck for your results!
    Literature is as a subject is very interesting, for IGCSE however you need to work hard as well, since study 15 poems, 10 short stories, and 2 dramas!
    Best of Luck for your results too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayanneAouissi)
    What did u guys think about physics paper 42 and 22 today?
    Paper 42 was oddly (somewhat) easy....people were saying that there are usually more numerical questions. I thought the questions were simpler than usual and that the questions were more of the general knowledge type lol paper 22 was fine what about you?? and good luck for your results

ReputationRep:
    how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcsestruggles)
    how was chemistry 0620/42/o/n/17 for u?? i didnt finish the paper and struggled through many questions. do u think the grade boundary would be high this time?
    oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh that paper was so screwed up. i swear almost every paper this session was so different from previous years. but chemistry especially. i mean i knew most of the concepts but the questions were so weird. since the paper was quite difficult, i guess the grade boundaries will be quite low. it's usually between 140 to 150 out of 200 for an A* anyway. but i think i did well, idk. for all subjects, even if i don't know the answer to a question i always make sure i write something down because there's no negative marking anyway so i didn't leave anything blank. oh well, good luck for your results!
    Ikr! The biology paper was extremely wierd for me, I don't know the questions were completely different, I think I just ruined it, but irdk. lol. Best Of Luck. ANyone who did International Mathematics?

ReputationRep:
    AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:

ReputationRep:
    AHHH I'M DONE WITH MY IGCSES TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yep::yep:
    Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladgeek)
    Yh same, today was my last paper - french listening, (pretty pretty hard though) so happy!
    yasss i had french listening (and computer science programming) too, it was fine but so different from when i practiced past papers at home bc the speakers were so far away at school lol the questions were okayish i guess
    WE CAN CELEBRATE NOW lolll

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.