UMS module scores
    C1 87
    C2 93
    M1 93
    S1 94
    FP1 98
    C3 85
    D1 82

GCSE grades 8A*s 3As C (not in maths or english)
    AS level Maths, further Maths, Physics, Chem, predicted 3A*s and and A respectively
    Reference (very good for all subjects apparently)
    Personal statement - not bad? gold olympiads, clearly have an interest beyond the a levels, not many serious extra curriculars

My choices:
    Cambridge (just want an interview)
    Bristol
    Bath
    Warwick
    Nottingham

I want to swap nottingham for durham (and have until sunday to decide), simply because the course is so much more appealing. However I've seen a majority of applicants on tsr with better grades and ums scores. Is it too risky a decision to make?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pagefan)
    UMS module scores
    C1 87
    C2 93
    M1 93
    S1 94
    FP1 98
    C3 85
    D1 82

GCSE grades 8A*s 3As C (not in maths or english)
    AS level Maths, further Maths, Physics, Chem, predicted 3A*s and and A respectively
    Reference (very good for all subjects apparently)
    Personal statement - not bad? gold olympiads, clearly have an interest beyond the a levels, not many serious extra curriculars

My choices:
    Cambridge (just want an interview)
    Bristol
    Bath
    Warwick
    Nottingham

I want to swap nottingham for durham (and have until sunday to decide), simply because the course is so much more appealing. However I've seen a majority of applicants on tsr with better grades and ums scores. Is it too risky a decision to make?
    Although it doesn't directly answer your question, as a final year (Bath) maths student I can't emphasise how important the appeal of the course is, and perhaps the freedom of module choices that you have, so if there's a large gulf between Nottingham and Durham in that respect then you may as well apply. Your grades are decent and from those unis I'd be surprised if you ended up with 0 offers in either case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.