How do you stay motivated to revise?

Watch
aarnat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Unfortunately for me, I have a tendency to get motivated to study just before I go to sleep, does anyone have any videos or techniques they do that helps them want to study? I have mock exams in late November and I really need to get into mindset to study effectively.
Sykeology
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aarnat)
Unfortunately for me, I have a tendency to get motivated to study just before I go to sleep, does anyone have any videos or techniques they do that helps them want to study? I have mock exams in late November and I really need to get into mindset to study effectively.
I don't anymore since I can study a good 5-6 hours before I start to lose my mojo, but what I used to do was:

Study say 1-2 hours.
Then chill, play a game, relax or whatever for about 1-2 as well.

When that's over, I go back to it and try to recall what I studied purely off memory or cues. Then I study more, rest more, study more rest more...

You get the jist.

Edit -
I also find that I tend to study better after working out. I'm usually just like all 'bleegggh' and can't be bothered to do anything that involves moving around so sitting down at a computer is ideal! Two birds, one stone.
mueslii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just think about how it'll be worth it in the end and it's only until exams are over, so you don't have to do it for long in comparison to every other time. I just think - I'd rather have two years of really hard work and get into a great uni, than have two years of pretty hard work but with slacking off and get into a pretty mediocre uni when I could've done better. As for techniques I just write out my notes over and over. That doesn't help on the motivation side of things but it gets the job done for me. So yeah, I don't have a "technique" exactly, just sheer will power (even if it's forced sometimes)
username3508910
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I usually go to my school library as the environment just helps me to stay focused.. try different ways of revision such as making posters, flashcards, online resources, using revision guides. My best way of revising is past papers then using a mark scheme I go over them and learn the correct answers.. then I test myself again untill I get them all right. Sometimes when you do the same revision technique over and over again you could just get bored.
KieranAdam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aarnat)
Self-Discipline. Not the sexiest answer, but it is the one which will make sure the work gets done. Don't ever rely on motivation, for it can be affected by so many things, like hunger and tiredness. When you've got it, it's awesome! When you don't, you get the problems you're facing right now. With self-discipline you build a sense a pride, you make yourself do the work, regardless of how you feel. When you're finished, you'll feel amazing. And with every day that passes and you keep maintaining the discipline, you will remember more and become more intellegent. Better still, the more you do it, the more progress you'll make.

Hope this helps.
username3112590
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think about your career path and always have that goal ahead of you, and don't let some **** tell you otherwise Also, print out some motivation quotes as they helped me alot.
sik_beatz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wot KieranAdam and VirgoStrain said. Rely on self-discipline. Make a timetable and stick to it. Then you don't need motivation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads