Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My maintenance loan has not come through and it’s been over a month!! I called student finance so many times and they keep saying my evidence won’t be processed until 27 working days and I called again, and they said it won’t be processed until next week???

How am I supposed to pay my rent then??!! My tuition fee has been paid though, but this is taking ages because it was supposed to come through by the 18th of September.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Elphis,

I am sorry that your loan is taking longer to come through than expected. This is our busiest period and all evidence is worked in date order so you need to allow a bit more time for it to be processed next week.

Once approved you will see this via your online account and your Notification of Entitlement letter will be available online the following day. As long as we have your Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your University any maintenance payments would be released and would be in your account within three to five working days after that.

Thanks

Laura
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elphis)
    My maintenance loan has not come through and it’s been over a month!! I called student finance so many times and they keep saying my evidence won’t be processed until 27 working days and I called again, and they said it won’t be processed until next week???

How am I supposed to pay my rent then??!! My tuition fee has been paid though, but this is taking ages because it was supposed to come through by the 18th of September.
    As above for the Student Finance side of things, but speak to your university because they may be able to help you in terms of a short term loan to cover rent and stuff until your loan comes in which you pay them back from
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura S SFE)
    Hi Elphis,

I am sorry that your loan is taking longer to come through than expected. This is our busiest period and all evidence is worked in date order so you need to allow a bit more time for it to be processed next week.

Once approved you will see this via your online account and your Notification of Entitlement letter will be available online the following day. As long as we have your Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your University any maintenance payments would be released and would be in your account within three to five working days after that.

Thanks

Laura

yes, and nothing has happened yet. I will call them again today and see how it goes. Or else im going to write a complaint..It's almost going to be November??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    As above for the Student Finance side of things, but speak to your university because they may be able to help you in terms of a short term loan to cover rent and stuff until your loan comes in which you pay them back from
    I will have to do that..i dont think im getting this loan until next year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.