Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I’m not as confident as I am with my body and I’ve tried everything to lose weight and I did but my bones are quite big so around my waist it’s small but it gets wider down to the hips and thighs. I was wondering if there’s anything that I can do to remove the fat around my hips and my love handles. I have my maintenance loan and a part time job, would that be enough to cover for surgery? Or is their any other way I can pay for my surgery, help would really be appreciated.

I’ve tried dieting for 2 years straight and no change whatsoever
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

don't use your maintenance loan on surgery. start exercising while eating healthy foods cutting out most sugar. dieting alone won't help you in most cases - you must combine with exercise

ReputationRep:
    Drink water, especially before meals Dietary advice for weight loss is fundamental, because water will increase metabolism by 24 to 30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, which will help us burn more calories. One study showed that drinking half a liter of water 30 minutes before eating causes us to eat less and increase our ability to lose weight by 44 percent. I think bones in waist are big is helpful when you have a baby. You are easier to born baby than others

ReputationRep:
    If you have dieted for 2 years and seen no change then it is likely that you are consuming more calories than you realise. Do you track your food? If you’re 100% sure you have been in a calorie deficit then I’d advise talking to a dr to rule out any underlying issues that may be hampering your efforts.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly...do it. This is the only time in your life where you will have this loan and this lump sum to do it. IF its something like a lipo suction, it aint worth it bc its short term. Go for a gastric band which you can take out once you lose all the weight. that is long term and will last

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.