Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody help me with what's the best way to learn quotes from texts like A Christmas Carol and Romeo and Juliet for exams so i know them off by heart?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep writing them out, over and over again. It's the only way really. Also try using flashcards, with the topics/themes on one side and the quotes on the other. Picking quotes that link to many different themes will cut down the amount you need to learn, which should make it easier for you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, hopefully it'll help!

ReputationRep:
    Use Quizlet or Memrise to test yourself on the quotes; you can also use flashcards

ReputationRep:
    I didn’t revise any quotes until the week before the exam but what I did was that I made an A3 mindmap of different themes and wrote my quotes that relate to the themes and analysed them etc. And then I recited the quotes out loud and the analysis of it. After I was confident that I can remember the quotes I’d go to my sister and basically recite them to her even tho she didn’t care like a speech.

Although Flashcards could possibly help or like card sorting games (eg. you could make the quotes and then the analysis and then mix them up and then try to match the quote with the analysis).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't put all your eggs into one basket, but, have a look at prior exam papers and try to gauge what character/topic they're gonna throw your way next.

For example, I learnt an extra 5 quotes for Mr Birling for my An Inspector Calls exam 2 and a half-ish years ago because he hadn't come up in like 4 years, and, lo and behold, he popped up on my paper. like I said though, don't be like "oh, (insert blank character/topic) hasn't popped up in a while so I'll only revise that" cos' the exam board might pre-empty you and throw a curve-ball, but, it's worth a shot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.