The Student Room Group

Do I stand a better chance of gettting into newcastle or reading?

I don't trust the UCAS offer calculator so could someone please help, I have been predicted ABB grades and want to study Law, which uni am i more likely to get an offer from? Any advice is welcomed.
Original post by jordsax19
I don't trust the UCAS offer calculator so could someone please help, I have been predicted ABB grades and want to study Law, which uni am i more likely to get an offer from? Any advice is welcomed.

Can't give you an answer without your full academic profile, i.e GCSE's and AS's ( if you have them)
Reply 2
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Can't give you an answer without your full academic profile, i.e GCSE's and AS's ( if you have them)

GCSE= A*AABBCCCCC
AS Grades= ABC
A2 Predicted=ABB
I did a weeks work experince with barristers at the crown prosecution service and have done a fair amount of volunteer work etc.
GCSE= A*AABBCCCCC
AS Grades= ABC
A2 Predicted=ABB
I did a weeks work experince with barristers at the crown prosecution service and have done a fair amount of volunteer work etc.

Probably Reading as you're nearer their grade range, as they're AAA-ABB, but NCL is AAA.
Reply 4
Probably Reading as you're nearer their grade range, as they're AAA-ABB, but NCL is AAA.

Do you think there is a decent chance of an offer seeing as I am one grade off?
Do you think there is a decent chance of an offer seeing as I am one grade off?

Reading= you're in their range.
Newcastle= two grades out, risky.
This is off standard offers though, not contextual.
Reply 6
Reading= you're in their range.
Newcastle= two grades out, risky.
This is off standard offers though, not contextual.

Ok thankyou, do you study law?
Ok thankyou, do you study law?

No
Aim for Liverpool, a good ABB course. Reading will take you with ABB, but Newcastle will not.
Reply 9
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Aim for Liverpool, a good ABB course. Reading will take you with ABB, but Newcastle will not.

Thankyou, again I am not sure about readings general reputation or reputation for law but I may have to apply there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending