The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got interviews yet?
Original post by SashaFauzdar

Hi there!

We've just published a blog on Medical School Interview Invitations 2017-18.

On this blog you can see when med schools hold their interviews, when the send their offers out - as well as which schools other students have received invitations from in a poll at the end!

For interview preparation, we have plenty of resources - we've just launched our new series on NHS Hot Topics (you can see the most recent ones on the Ageing Population and Organ Donation here) and we have a breakdown of a few key medical news stories of this year on our NHS Hot Topics 2017 page - including Brexit, Charlie Gard and mental health services.

We also have over 100 free questions and answer guides in our Medical School Interview Question Bank.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Reply 3

i think the first batch has been sent out but they are sent randomly so don't worry if you haven't got it yet!
Reply 4
Hi I got an invite to interview on 30th November :smile: my GCSE score is 16/16 and my BMAT is 37/40.
Original post by Nahiii
i think the first batch has been sent out but they are sent randomly so don't worry if you haven't got it yet!

Ok thanks!
Original post by LRxS
Hi I got an invite to interview on 30th November :smile: my GCSE score is 16/16 and my BMAT is 37/40.

How did ur interview go?
Reply 7
How did ur interview go?

It’s on Monday :smile: I had one at Birmingham today though and it was okay I think? Honestly with an MMI setup I think it’s hard to know!
Original post by LRxS
It’s on Monday :smile: I had one at Birmingham today though and it was okay I think? Honestly with an MMI setup I think it’s hard to know!

Do u mind me asking ur stats? Like GCSE, UKCAT and stuff?
Reply 9
Do u mind me asking ur stats? Like GCSE, UKCAT and stuff?

Of course no problem!
I’ve put all my stats here just in case it’s useful, not just the ones for Nottingham

GCSEs - 8A* 2A 1B
UKCAT - 763 average SJT band 1
BMAT - 6.4, 4.7, 4A
AS Levels - AAAD
A2 Predicted - A*A*A

Nottingham (interview invite 30/11) - 53/56 on academic scoring
Birmingham (interview invite 10/11) - 10/10 offer calculator score
Leeds (nothing yet and it’s killing me whoop) - 35/35 on A-Level score, probably 3-4/5 for BMAT so like 38/40 or so
Cardiff (interview invite 13/11) - have to say I’ve no idea how they score stuff but I know they’re quite GCSE-heavy
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Got interview offer earlier this week!

My stats
GCSE - None
A Levels - AAAC
UKCAT - 688 average SJT band 1
2.1 for BSc in Biology from Imperial College

I live in Indonesia atm so I picked the interview in Malaysia in February

Wish me luck!
Reply 11
Hello all, I'm a first year A100 student at Notts so feel free to throw any questions my way. I was in your position last year so I'll try answer them best I can.
Reply 12
Original post by Jalukco
Hello all, I'm a first year A100 student at Notts so feel free to throw any questions my way. I was in your position last year so I'll try answer them best I can.

hiya Jaluko

Do you know how many batches nottingham send out interview offers and when the last month that they send them is?
Reply 13
Original post by Nahiii
hiya Jaluko

Do you know how many batches nottingham send out interview offers and when the last month that they send them is?

Don't know sorry. Maybe look through last year's forums to get an idea.
Reply 14
Had to reschedule my interview tomorrow due to snow 😭 guys if you have interviews on 11th December check your emails they’ve changed the time for the morning interviews and there’s a bunch of info regarding traffic disruptions
Same
Original post by LRxS
Had to reschedule my interview tomorrow due to snow 😭 guys if you have interviews on 11th December check your emails they’ve changed the time for the morning interviews and there’s a bunch of info regarding traffic disruptions

Same!! Have to reschedule mine for when the new dates are released
Anyone had there interview today? If so please could you tell me how you found it (if you are allowed to) as I have one on the 19th and have no idea of what to expect.
Reply 17
UPDATE FOR ALL AWAITING UoN INTERVIEWS “We will be releasing [further interview dates for those already invited] this week, along with the remaining offers of interview.” (Email from the uni)

So all interview invites will have been sent out by the end of the week.
Original post by LRxS
UPDATE FOR ALL AWAITING UoN INTERVIEWS “We will be releasing [further interview dates for those already invited] this week, along with the remaining offers of interview.” (Email from the uni)

So all interview invites will have been sent out by the end of the week.

I never got this email??
Reply 19
Original post by bloopboing
I never got this email??

It was, I think, only sent to people meant to be attending interviews on the 11th (yesterday) as it was along with lots of stuff about what to do in case of travel disruption and also a correction of an error on the instructions we received.