Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell me your worst flatmates! Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most of us have had some gross, annoying, or downright bizarre flatmates. Perhaps you were one?

Tell us about them!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I'm sure most of us have had some gross, annoying, or downright bizarre flatmates. Perhaps you were one?

Tell us about them!
    A girl who never cleaned up after her .. erm.... time of the month without being crude

Just no thanks... eww
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    A girl who never cleaned up after her .. erm.... time of the month without being crude

Just no thanks... eww
    Oh wooooow

ReputationRep:
    Shared a place with a guy who, a week before we were due to move out, managed to put a baseball-sized hole in one of the walls. :facepalm:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh wooooow
    Yeah gross... right?

All my other housemates were cool apart from one girl who had no shame with having sex toys sprawled out all over her room for everyone to see. :lol:

ReputationRep:

Tell us about them!
    My flatmates are pretty nice if a bit messy, but currently there are a whole load of racist balloons near the kitchen that they've put up "as a joke" for someone's birthday... 👀 We're talking KKK jokes, caricatures and the n-word... It's PRETTY AWFUL.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Girl I lived with was a nightmare!!!
    She would do a clothes wash at like 1am, she never washed her pots, used everything belonging to other people, never offered to clean communal areas, never took out the rubbish, would constantly take up the entire living room doing workouts so there would be no space to sit and watch tv
    She was just the worst
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Shared a place with a guy who, a week before we were due to move out, managed to put a baseball-sized hole in one of the walls. :facepalm:
    Noo!! Of course it would be then too, right at the end of the contract. Typical :facepalm:

(Original post by Jack22031994)
    Yeah gross... right?

All my other housemates were cool apart from one girl who had no shame with having sex toys sprawled out all over her room for everyone to see. :lol:
    :laugh:

(Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
    My flatmates are pretty nice if a bit messy, but currently there are a whole load of racist balloons near the kitchen that they've put up "as a joke" for someone's birthday... 👀 We're talking KKK jokes, caricatures and the n-word... It's PRETTY AWFUL.
    Oh no That's so bad!

ReputationRep:
    Noo!! Of course it would be then too, right at the end of the contract. Typical :facepalm:
    Thankfully he let me know about it after he'd done it, so I was able to fix the hole and go out and buy the right colour of paint before our landlord got a chance to see it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Thankfully he let me know about it after he'd done it, so I was able to fix the hole and go out and buy the right colour of paint before our landlord got a chance to see it.
    Thankfully, yeah!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I lived with East-Asians. They were really nice people but their food hygiene left a lot to be desired. They would frequently cut raw chicken on the worktop without a cutting board then just leave the remnants sitting there. Also (the person responsible stopped this when I asked tbf), putting raw chicken to defrost in the fridge with no plate underneath on the top shelf so everything in the fridge got covered in juices. :puke:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Mario set the oven on fire, which means the kitchen was locked for a week.

Someone (don't know who) put milk in the fridge sideways. That's a lot of milky food.

Something is leaking in there now actually but I can't bring myself to fix it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)

Someone (don't know who) put milk in the fridge sideways. That's a lot of milky food.

Things like this make me glad we have our own min fridges in our rooms...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aria Enoshima)
    Things like this make me glad we have our own min fridges in our rooms...
    We're not allowed them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I did come back after Xmas hols to find someone had used everyone's kitchenware and just left it in various piles around the kitche. I happened to be moving out at that point so ending up having to leave the saucepans etc that I had bought as I didn't fancy cleaning up their crap.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    Girl I lived with was a nightmare!!!
    She would do a clothes wash at like 1am, she never washed her pots, used everything belonging to other people, never offered to clean communal areas, never took out the rubbish, would constantly take up the entire living room doing workouts so there would be no space to sit and watch tv
    She was just the worst
    That's so inconsiderate! I hate it when people in my flat use my stuff and then don't bother washing it up :grumble:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    I lived with East-Asians. They were really nice people but their food hygiene left a lot to be desired. They would frequently cut raw chicken on the worktop without a cutting board then just leave the remnants sitting there. Also (the person responsible stopped this when I asked tbf), putting raw chicken to defrost in the fridge with no plate underneath on the top shelf so everything in the fridge got covered in juices. :puke:
    Bad food hygeine is a real pet hate of mine at the moment. Can't stand all the handling of raw meat and poultry and then just touching everything without washing hands, and just leaving raw chicken out on the side to defrost in loose clingfilm, leaving the countertops needing a good wash. I don't eat meat either, so it's something I think about a lot

That's so bad! What happened with the fire?

(Original post by ForestCat)
    I did come back after Xmas hols to find someone had used everyone's kitchenware and just left it in various piles around the kitche. I happened to be moving out at that point so ending up having to leave the saucepans etc that I had bought as I didn't fancy cleaning up their crap.
    Noo, that's not good. Can't stand it when that happens. I think I would've done the same thing

ReputationRep:
    During freshers week my flat mates brought over some other mates and partied pretty much every night for the whole week. Didn’t get much sleep during that week
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That's so bad! What happened with the fire?
    Despite being a responsible Postgraduate student, Mario couldn't work out how the oven operated, and left some pork ribs in the grill, with the grill on. Let's just say they were very well done. Smoke in the corridor and lots and lots of smoke in the kitchen. Couldn't see any flames at the time. It later transpired that the oven had caught fire. To be fair to Mario, it's not exactly a brand new oven. Still, a nice bonding experience to meet the people in the floors above and below, who needs an icebreaker when you can have a fire evacuation. In the dark. In the rain. In the cold. At 23:30. Had a great time.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    During freshers week my flat mates brought over some other mates and partied pretty much every night for the whole week. Didn’t get much sleep during that week
    Same here. Still going on weeks later! Can't wait to have a full night of sleep again :moon: I hope it's settled a bit for you now!

Despite being a responsible Postgraduate student, Mario couldn't work out how the oven operated, and left some pork ribs in the grill, with the grill on. Let's just say they were very well done. Smoke in the corridor and lots and lots of smoke in the kitchen. Couldn't see any flames at the time. It later transpired that the oven had caught fire. To be fair to Mario, it's not exactly a brand new oven. Still, a nice bonding experience to meet the people in the floors above and below, who needs an icebreaker when you can have a fire evacuation. In the dark. In the rain. In the cold. At 23:30. Had a great time.
    Oh my. What a way to meet people!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. What a way to meet people!
    I know right. My main issue is I'm in a postgrad block despite being a fresher.

Thanks accommodation office.:yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    PS How's your internet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.