Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Same here. Still going on weeks later! Can't wait to have a full night of sleep again :moon: I hope it's settled a bit for you now!

Oh my. What a way to meet people!
    It’s settled down now thanks Still get it occasionally but at least it’s not every night!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I know right. My main issue is I'm in a postgrad block despite being a fresher.

Thanks accommodation office.:yy:

Spoiler:
    Show

PS How's your internet?
    Oh really? That's so strange. Do you know why it happened? What's it like?

Spoiler:
    Show

Terrible yesterday, but I've been able to stream off it today so seems fine now!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    It’s settled down now thanks Still get it occasionally but at least it’s not every night!
    That's good at least. It's definitely hard to deal with on a night if they've kept you up the past few nights so you're already exhausted!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? That's so strange. Do you know why it happened? What's it like?

Spoiler:
    Show

Terrible yesterday, but I've been able to stream off it today so seems fine now!
    ranting time
    So, between results day and me arriving. Any Emails Keele sent to my email address didn't arrive. So I had to ring up to ask for my IT details. They said they'd send them again. No joy. I got them verbally the third time I rang up. Then I did not receive an offer of accommodation. Now, in the small print, Keele said they'd begin sending offers out on the first week of September. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that started on the 4th September this year since the 1st September was a Friday. So I was calm and collected in the knowledge that up until then I wasn't expecting it yet. Then the first week of September came and went, and I rang up on Monday to ask. They told me that I'd been sent an offer on the 29th August a reminder on the 1st September and another reminder on the 4th September and then it expired and they re-allocated my room. Now the fact remains that while they may have offered me a room, I did not receive their offer. Which is not my fault. The fact also remains that if I had known they would be sending offers a week earlier, I would have been ringing up a week earlier than I did, and my offer would not have expired by that point. Similarly, if they had stuck to the dates they published, my offer would not have expired when I rang up. After kicking, screaming, begging, crying and officially complaining, I ended up with the first room available on campus (this one) and was told I'm top of the list to be moved rooms. That has yet to happen. The one thing that peevs me off the most is that they did not apologise for their administrative c**k up.

Phew, rant over. Good to hear about the internet situation.

ReputationRep:
    That's good at least. It's definitely hard to deal with on a night if they've kept you up the past few nights so you're already exhausted!
    I was fearing the worst after the first week but luckily it has died down so I can catch up on my sleep
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh, boy, I am going to have a field day in this thread.

I used to live with my sister and a flatmate. My sister was fine, but the flatmate was pure Hell. He was an inconsiderate and hypocritical clean freak who would 'point out' that we did not clean after ourselves if we did not do it immediately, who got angry if any dishes stayed in the sink for more than two days (even if it was just something minor like a knife), clean something even after we cleaned it and then complain that we never cleaned anything (he was expecting us to do all the cleaning as if we were his mothers or something), and who listened to music or watched anime or TV shows at an unreasonable volume all the time. He always groaned so loudly we could hear him and shouted if he had to change the trash bin bag, even if we had done it the past five times. He always believed that he is the busiest out of all of us, even when my sister was going to both school and work full-time and I had school full-time, a part-time job, and my final Baccalaureate exams coming up. Once, he started yelling because my father knocked on the door twice instead of once. :sigh: Another time, my sister had a friend over and he started yelling at the top of his lungs and slamming all the doors as hard as possible at 7 AM. My sister and I were afraid to do anything in case it might displease him and it was so terrible and stressful that we were happy to get out of there. Also, there was an occurrence when he invited a woman over for... personal reasons. Now, this would have been fine, had I not been forced to sit through and hear everything because they did not keep it down. :cry2: (He did not clean up after she showered in our shower either. I waited 24 hours and then I had to clean the shower and clean her hair from the shower. ) In the end, my family and I agreed that he is the kind of man who would come home and beat his wife just because he felt like it. :erm:

And the kicker? All along, he thought himself to be such a good, reasonable, understanding, and perfect flatmate, while we were the Devil incarnate.

In the flat I am in right now, literally half of my flat is either unbearable or absent. One guy plays music so loud I can hear it when he is home and is absent and asocial otherwise. I suspect him of smoking a certain illegal drug, but I have no proof yet. Another one plays music at such an unbearable volume that even people from five houses down have complained about him and he has received at least one or two complaints in just three weeks. Not to mention that he seems like a clean freak much like my former flatmate, so I am afraid he will be this flat's equivalent of him. :bawling: And the third one is also absent, but what annoyed me was that he is right next to me and... he could not keep it down, if you get my gist. :erm: I was trying to study, for God's sake! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm normally the psycho house mate 😊

For starters, I scream a lot at people, don't say hi to their guests and don't share 🙊

ReputationRep:
    😂😂😂 I actually made one ex flatmate leave in the middle of the night. He was screaming crying that he couldn't do it anymore and left in the middle of a snow storm. His friend had to drive in the dark looking for him :toofunny: 😂😂 I'm actually crying tears of laughter. I have actual tears.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    uh probably just the sum of all of them tbh
    there is no single one
    they're just all really lazy and don't tidy or clean and the kitchen is always a mess and so is everywhere at night because of their drinking stuff so yeah :I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
    My flatmates are pretty nice if a bit messy, but currently there are a whole load of racist balloons near the kitchen that they've put up "as a joke" for someone's birthday... 👀 We're talking KKK jokes, caricatures and the n-word... It's PRETTY AWFUL.
    Wtf what type of joke is that? You should just take them down.

Damn and I thought mine was annoying (sometimes) for being bossy

ReputationRep:
    Lucky me lives at home so never had them. The stories I have heard make me feel very fortunate.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    ranting time
    So, between results day and me arriving. Any Emails Keele sent to my email address didn't arrive. So I had to ring up to ask for my IT details. They said they'd send them again. No joy. I got them verbally the third time I rang up. Then I did not receive an offer of accommodation. Now, in the small print, Keele said they'd begin sending offers out on the first week of September. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that started on the 4th September this year since the 1st September was a Friday. So I was calm and collected in the knowledge that up until then I wasn't expecting it yet. Then the first week of September came and went, and I rang up on Monday to ask. They told me that I'd been sent an offer on the 29th August a reminder on the 1st September and another reminder on the 4th September and then it expired and they re-allocated my room. Now the fact remains that while they may have offered me a room, I did not receive their offer. Which is not my fault. The fact also remains that if I had known they would be sending offers a week earlier, I would have been ringing up a week earlier than I did, and my offer would not have expired by that point. Similarly, if they had stuck to the dates they published, my offer would not have expired when I rang up. After kicking, screaming, begging, crying and officially complaining, I ended up with the first room available on campus (this one) and was told I'm top of the list to be moved rooms. That has yet to happen. The one thing that peevs me off the most is that they did not apologise for their administrative c**k up.

Phew, rant over. Good to hear about the internet situation.
    Oh no, that's not good at all! A similar thing happened to me. I was supposed to get an adapted room, all disabled accessible and everything with step free access to the shower and loads of other stuff, but that block had to be closed for the year at the last minute so they told me to find somewhere private which would be off campus which would've had me really struggling to get into uni each day. It was looking like I might not have been able to come to uni this year because of it, so I called and explained, and they said the first cancellation because of results or whatever would be mine. I got a room, but it's a standard one so it's a bit difficult to use still :/ I hope they sort you out soon! Definitely not your fault :nope:

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    I was fearing the worst after the first week but luckily it has died down so I can catch up on my sleep
    That's good! Nothing like that first full night of sleep after being kept up for ages by noisey flatmates

(Original post by Michiyo)
    Oh, boy, I am going to have a field day in this thread.

I used to live with my sister and a flatmate. My sister was fine, but the flatmate was pure Hell. He was an inconsiderate and hypocritical clean freak who would 'point out' that we did not clean after ourselves if we did not do it immediately, who got angry if any dishes stayed in the sink for more than two days (even if it was just something minor like a knife), clean something even after we cleaned it and then complain that we never cleaned anything (he was expecting us to do all the cleaning as if we were his mothers or something), and who listened to music or watched anime or TV shows at an unreasonable volume all the time. He always groaned so loudly we could hear him and shouted if he had to change the trash bin bag, even if we had done it the past five times. He always believed that he is the busiest out of all of us, even when my sister was going to both school and work full-time and I had school full-time, a part-time job, and my final Baccalaureate exams coming up. Once, he started yelling because my father knocked on the door twice instead of once. :sigh: Another time, my sister had a friend over and he started yelling at the top of his lungs and slamming all the doors as hard as possible at 7 AM. My sister and I were afraid to do anything in case it might displease him and it was so terrible and stressful that we were happy to get out of there. Also, there was an occurrence when he invited a woman over for... personal reasons. Now, this would have been fine, had I not been forced to sit through and hear everything because they did not keep it down. :cry2: (He did not clean up after she showered in our shower either. I waited 24 hours and then I had to clean the shower and clean her hair from the shower. ) In the end, my family and I agreed that he is the kind of man who would come home and beat his wife just because he felt like it. :erm:

And the kicker? All along, he thought himself to be such a good, reasonable, understanding, and perfect flatmate, while we were the Devil incarnate.

In the flat I am in right now, literally half of my flat is either unbearable or absent. One guy plays music so loud I can hear it when he is home and is absent and asocial otherwise. I suspect him of smoking a certain illegal drug, but I have no proof yet. Another one plays music at such an unbearable volume that even people from five houses down have complained about him and he has received at least one or two complaints in just three weeks. Not to mention that he seems like a clean freak much like my former flatmate, so I am afraid he will be this flat's equivalent of him. :bawling: And the third one is also absent, but what annoyed me was that he is right next to me and... he could not keep it down, if you get my gist. :erm: I was trying to study, for God's sake! :sigh:
    Woooow, that first one sounded awful! I couldn't live like that. We have someone in our flat who likes things clean and tidy, but he's reasonable about it. It's more a personality clash between him and some of the others who don't believe in putting their stuff away after washing it up because they'll use it again at some point, and don't wash up until they need that item again which can be like the next week. It's a bit gross, but generally I don't care as long as I have the space to get my own stuff done, and luckily we have two sinks The music thing annoys me too. Some of my flatmates are on all kinds of drugs, and I think one of their guests spiked my drink the other night, so I'm not too happy with them at the moment. One of my flatmates was particularly...noisey with a guest in the kitchen of all places the other night. Definitely wasn't pleased about that. Our shared kitchen furniture can never be touched again :rolleyes: I really needed to go into the kitchen too :laugh:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    uh probably just the sum of all of them tbh
    there is no single one
    they're just all really lazy and don't tidy or clean and the kitchen is always a mess and so is everywhere at night because of their drinking stuff so yeah :I
    Same here for the drinking stuff. They all make a huge mess, leave it all out when they go out which I can deal with, but then leave it there until someone else gives in days later and cleans it. They keep leaving used chewing gum on the dining room table too :grumble: Why isn't everyone just a bit cleaner?

(Original post by barnetlad)
    Lucky me lives at home so never had them. The stories I have heard make me feel very fortunate.
    Haha, very fair. They can be dreadful, don't get me wrong, but they can be pretty great too I think uni halls is difficult because you don't get to pick your own, so you have no idea if you'll match personailty wise or anything, so that definitely makes it a bit more risky in terms of how it'll go

ReputationRep:
    Same here. Still going on weeks later! Can't wait to have a full night of sleep again :moon: I hope it's settled a bit for you now!

Oh my. What a way to meet people!
    u sound like a bore live a bit more yer?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, that's not good at all! A similar thing happened to me. I was supposed to get an adapted room, all disabled accessible and everything with step free access to the shower and loads of other stuff, but that block had to be closed for the year at the last minute so they told me to find somewhere private which would be off campus which would've had me really struggling to get into uni each day. It was looking like I might not have been able to come to uni this year because of it, so I called and explained, and they said the first cancellation because of results or whatever would be mine. I got a room, but it's a standard one so it's a bit difficult to use still :/ I hope they sort you out soon! Definitely not your fault :nope:

That's good! Nothing like that first full night of sleep after being kept up for ages by noisey flatmates

Woooow, that first one sounded awful! I couldn't live like that. We have someone in our flat who likes things clean and tidy, but he's reasonable about it. It's more a personality clash between him and some of the others who don't believe in putting their stuff away after washing it up because they'll use it again at some point, and don't wash up until they need that item again which can be like the next week. It's a bit gross, but generally I don't care as long as I have the space to get my own stuff done, and luckily we have two sinks The music thing annoys me too. Some of my flatmates are on all kinds of drugs, and I think one of their guests spiked my drink the other night, so I'm not too happy with them at the moment. One of my flatmates was particularly...noisey with a guest in the kitchen of all places the other night. Definitely wasn't pleased about that. Our shared kitchen furniture can never be touched again :rolleyes: I really needed to go into the kitchen too :laugh:

Same here for the drinking stuff. They all make a huge mess, leave it all out when they go out which I can deal with, but then leave it there until someone else gives in days later and cleans it. They keep leaving used chewing gum on the dining room table too :grumble: Why isn't everyone just a bit cleaner?

Haha, very fair. They can be dreadful, don't get me wrong, but they can be pretty great too I think uni halls is difficult because you don't get to pick your own, so you have no idea if you'll match personailty wise or anything, so that definitely makes it a bit more risky in terms of how it'll go
    again what a bore u r everyone in the first year at uni comes to get drunk and have lots of sex
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    100% what u pay 9,000 for innit
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    100% what u pay 9,000 for innit
    9250 on tuition and 6563 on accommodation each year for me but oh no, sleep? THROUGH THE NIGHT?! ON A WEEKNIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE A 9AM AND WOULD LIKE TO PASS YOUR FIRST YEAR????!!!!! No no no that cannot be tolerated
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    9250 on tuition and 6563 on accommodation each year for me but oh no, sleep? THROUGH THE NIGHT?! ON A WEEKNIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE A 9AM AND WOULD LIKE TO PASS YOUR FIRST YEAR????!!!!! No no no that cannot be tolerated
    :noway:

ReputationRep:
    The one who always bring in her boyfriend, like I understand they need to be together sometimes but it's totallly annoying when her boyfriend started to live in the house without paying rent or bills. Even stay in the house when shes not in.......
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May-o2q)
    The one who always bring in her boyfriend, like I understand they need to be together sometimes but it's totallly annoying when her boyfriend started to live in the house without paying rent or bills. Even stay in the house when shes not in.......
    Oh no Can understand the annoyance. You signed up to live with her, not him. If he's going to live there then he needs to pay his way too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.