The Student Room Group

Doing SKE after declined/unmet offer?

I applied for PGCE to start from this September and was also enrolled onto an SKE course.

But, due to some circumstances I could not enrol, yet I continued on with my SKE thinking that if I am not allowed to continue on with it I'll be withdrawn from it with the university getting in touch with both me and the online SKE provider. As I had emailed the university concerning the SKE, but I got no response back for it.

So, I just continued on with it as, if they did have an issue they would surely get in touch with me. I'm at the stage where I'm near completion of my SKE (only few sessions to go). My tutor/SKE provider have been emailing me regarding the normal sessions as to where I am etc. it's not even been a week and now just today I am unable to login to the Moodle website.

I have emailed both provider and tutor - still waiting for their response. But, now I am worried that what if I've been withdrawn?? and also worried about is that the bursary I got from it - will I have to pay back?? I honestly do not mind completing the course without the bursary as I wasn't bothered to do it for free anyways, but still if I do get funded there's no harm.

Besides, that... I honestly hope to not get into any mess. Even if I've been withdrawn I do not mind as I can try again next year. Just hope I do not have to re-do it from the start (that would be a pain) and also I think that my SKE provider should've emailed me, the same goes to the University when I emailed them that I was concerned about my SKE.

Any advice? Thanks

Well well... what do I find out!! I've had to withdraw from the SKE - since I failed to login, the university realised after over a whole month regardless of me mailing them 3-4 times regarding the SKE asking me to ask for advice from my tutor. I did... and what do I get 'sorry I cannot help you in this matter, all I can say is best wishes'. So, I've contacted the SKE provider support directly in hope of withdrawing and that nothing is serious. I to be honest, do not mind at all as I can get more time to get real life experience to enhance my subject knowledge.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by anam109
I applied for PGCE to start from this September and was also enrolled onto an SKE course.

But, due to some circumstances I could not enrol, yet I continued on with my SKE thinking that if I am not allowed to continue on with it I'll be withdrawn from it with the university getting in touch with both me and the online SKE provider. As I had emailed the university concerning the SKE, but I got no response back for it.

So, I just continued on with it as, if they did have an issue they would surely get in touch with me. I'm at the stage where I'm near completion of my SKE (only few sessions to go). My tutor/SKE provider have been emailing me regarding the normal sessions as to where I am etc. it's not even been a week and now just today I am unable to login to the Moodle website.

I have emailed both provider and tutor - still waiting for their response. But, now I am worried that what if I've been withdrawn?? and also worried about is that the bursary I got from it - will I have to pay back?? I honestly do not mind completing the course without the bursary as I wasn't bothered to do it for free anyways, but still if I do get funded there's no harm.

Besides, that... I honestly hope to not get into any mess. Even if I've been withdrawn I do not mind as I can try again next year. Just hope I do not have to re-do it from the start (that would be a pain) and also I think that my SKE provider should've emailed me, the same goes to the University when I emailed them that I was concerned about my SKE.

Any advice? Thanks
Hiya:hi:

Administration sucks.:frown: Out of interest, what university is it? They may have a rep on TSR who might be able to help.

I've moved your thread into the Teacher Training forum so that you should hopefully get the replies you're after with advice regarding SKE etc.

Hope that helps.:redface:

MR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending