Changing 4th option in the second year?

Watch
ZakMinett
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am currently in year 12 and am studying English Language, French, Spanish and Classical Civilisations (A-levels). However, after changing my fourth option about 3 times, I thought I had finally found something I loved (Classic civ.). However I am now unsure and am starting to find it less interesting (although we've only been reading the iliad so far so other modules might be more interesting), and where as I would like to continue with 4 A-levels next year, would it be worth dropping it after AS and picking up a different AS such as geography or biology to add more breadth to my subjects? I am currently thinking of studying French and Linguistics at University.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ZakMinett)
Hi, I am currently in year 12 and am studying English Language, French, Spanish and Classical Civilisations (A-levels). However, after changing my fourth option about 3 times, I thought I had finally found something I loved (Classic civ.). However I am now unsure and am starting to find it less interesting (although we've only been reading the iliad so far so other modules might be more interesting), and where as I would like to continue with 4 A-levels next year, would it be worth dropping it after AS and picking up a different AS such as geography or biology to add more breadth to my subjects? I am currently thinking of studying French and Linguistics at University.
No. Imo. Dont believe it will offer you any advantage unless you think you will perform much better.

Classics is a well respected solid A level.
If you dont find the Iliad interesting then I wouldnt rate your chances for enjoying the rest.

2 x AS isnt as good as a full A level.
You still only need a good three.
Check the uni entrance criteria for the curse and uni you are interested in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed