The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolton
It’s destroyed my confidence and I find myself crying about it. I’ve contemplated going bald but I’m scared I’ll look worse if I do.

Trust me just go for it, and if you're still not happy try SMP
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly a question for the girls here... how much of a turn off is a receding hairline on guys? I'm not talking about a bald spot at the top, but a hairline that's definitely retreating.
Would it put you off completely, or would it depend on the guy's personality? Would you prefer a guy with a receding hairline to shave his hair/comb it over as unpretentiously as possible/just let it be?

As for my problem: I know, of course, that the most attractive quality in men is confidence, but I've always had self-esteem issues, and losing the battle against my hairline isn't helping. I've cut mine to around a number one before, and it doesn't really suit me, especially being blonde - when it grows a little longer I spike it up and feel a bit better about myself, but then I'm told by friends that it makes my hair look even thinner. When it grows longer still (enough to need a comb) my self confidence goes out of the window. I look in the mirror and feel nothing but disgust.

The only turn off would be combing it over!!
Original post by Anonymous
The only turn off would be combing it over!!

Definitely, it looks like you're trying too hard
Reply 23
I have a receding hairline myself,and went through the same emotions that you have, I shaved my head and it felt like I got my confidence back, I recently grew my hair back, the point I'm trying to make, is be confident, accept your hair loss and just be your true self, male pattern baldness is apart of life,.