Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to keep a ladybug as a pet? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love them so much and it would be awesome if I could actually take care of one. I'm pretty sure that the answer will be no but I still think a ladybug would make a pretty cool pet.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I tried doing that as a child kept it in a container with leaves and gave it a diet of aphids. It lived for around two weeks

ReputationRep:
    You sure can! I have found a few websites that can help you to look after it!

http://animals.mom.me/keep-ladybugs-pets-1022.html
    http://animals.mom.me/how-to-care-fo...s-6583936.html
    https://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-a-Ladybug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desktopcooking)
    I love them so much and it would be awesome if I could actually take care of one. I'm pretty sure that the answer will be no but I still think a ladybug would make a pretty cool pet.
    Sure, anything can be kept as a pet tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    I tried doing that as a child kept it in a container with leaves and gave it a diet of aphids. It lived for around two weeks
    Oh my gosh, you don't understand how excited that makes me! Thank you so much for the helpful information @cactuss in particular 😊

ReputationRep:
    You could get plants and everything and somewhere safe to keep it! And obviously you'd have to give it a cool name 😎😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    me too except i didnt know what aphids were so they died

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desktopcooking)
    Oh my gosh, you don't understand how excited that makes me! Thank you so much for the helpful information @cactuss in particular 😊
    awee! keep me updated on how they are!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! But first, to actually find some ladybugs; the last one I saw was about a month ago. There aren't too many around here.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.