Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Friday 13th watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a really weird time to be asking this, but can someone please explain to me why people are afraid of Friday 13th?

My friend and I are going on a residential to Italy next year with other people from my year group and the day we come back is Friday 13th. My friend told me she felt sorry for me. I assumed she felt sorry because we'd be leaving Italy on my birthday, but she said it was because it was a Friday 13th :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Its just a superstition, I doubt anything bad will happen

ReputationRep:
    It's to do with western superstition and old stories in which bad things happened on Friday 13th but honestly I don't think I've had anything bad happen to me on that specific date. Go and enjoy Italy! It's a lovely country and I'm sure you'll have a great time! Just stay safe and have common sense and you'll be fine don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueEyes15)
    It's to do with western superstition and old stories in which bad things happened on Friday 13th but honestly I don't think I've had anything bad happen to me on that specific date. Go and enjoy Italy! It's a lovely country and I'm sure you'll have a great time! Just stay safe and have common sense and you'll be fine don't worry
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Its just a superstition, I doubt anything bad will happen
    Lol. That's what I say all the time when someone brings up Friday 13th or if it is Friday 13th (to pretend I know what I'm talking about)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.