Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at the application form for my school's sixth form (since we're supposed to apply for courses September 2018 (whoa dude, right??) and don't have much idea abt the personal statement. (aah)

They give about half a page, but it's separated into ~4 boxes (like so - attached)Name:  l.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  52.8 KB
    and im unsure whether or not it'll look good to either a) go beyond the given space, because it shows being thorough (? - either that, or just being plain thick ) or stick to the space allocated because it shows disciplined/organised personality + planning (? - or just being lazy and not giving sh*ts).

Also, i have <b>no idea</b> how to structure each box? Because i'm assuming that either way, you'll have to stick to the 'template' given.

(If I have anything extra to add, that doesn't fit in the box theme thingys, should I just leave it out? Or add it in - if so, where??????)

dudes pls help mega stres

ReputationRep:
    sixth Forms thinkin they bein Unis
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amphibology)
    I'm looking at the application form for my school's sixth form (since we're supposed to apply for courses September 2018 (whoa dude, right??) and don't have much idea abt the personal statement. (aah)

They give about half a page, but it's separated into ~4 boxes (like so - attached)Name:  l.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  52.8 KB
    and im unsure whether or not it'll look good to either a) go beyond the given space, because it shows being thorough (? - either that, or just being plain thick ) or stick to the space allocated because it shows disciplined/organised personality + planning (? - or just being lazy and not giving sh*ts).

Also, i have <b>no idea</b> how to structure each box? Because i'm assuming that either way, you'll have to stick to the 'template' given.

(If I have anything extra to add, that doesn't fit in the box theme thingys, should I just leave it out? Or add it in - if so, where??????)

dudes pls help mega stres

Personally if you run out of space just go to a smaller font and if the font becomes to small then do it on that page then do a larger fonted print out of each section
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4cc4n4)
    Personally if you run out of space just go to a smaller font and if the font becomes to small then do it on that page then do a larger fonted print out of each section
    That's... actually a pretty good idea! Tbh, I was going to handwrite it bc I hadn't thought abt typing it - but if i scan it or smth, i still just type into the boxes?

idk, ill think abt it later tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.