Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is force OK? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, my school is forcing me to get 5 A-Levels even though I'm completely aware that I can't due to my IGCSE results. I was wondering if that was allowed, and whether I could just drop a subject by shoving the rules in their face, since verbal means didn't seam to work.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by GuyfromtheWA)
    So, my school is forcing me to get 5 A-Levels even though I'm completely aware that I can't due to my IGCSE results. I was wondering if that was allowed, and whether I could just drop a subject by shoving the rules in their face, since verbal means didn't seam to work.
    Talk to your parents and ask them to talk to the school.

You attend on the basis of agreeing to their rules.

If I was in that situation then I would just pick 5 and work hard on the three core ones I needed to pass well, coast the fourth one and slack the fifth one with a view to dropping it.

Know when to pick your battles. Make the fifth one an easy fun one.
    • Very Important Poster

Ps I thought this was going to be about training to be a Jedi.

ReputationRep:
    if you feel that 5 A levels is unreasonable just explain to them that you will do fewer than 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Talk to your parents and ask them to talk to the school.

You attend on the basis of agreeing to their rules.

If I was in that situation then I would just pick 5 and work hard on the three core ones I needed to pass well, coast the fourth one and slack the fifth one with a view to dropping it.

Know when to pick your battles. Make the fifth one an easy fun one.
    unfortunately I only have a choice from 6. This is the only A-Level School here, and they are quite conservative. In India, we have to take a certain path, with no mix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if you feel that 5 A levels is unreasonable just explain to them that you will do fewer than 5.
    That's EXACTLY what I did and it didn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyfromtheWA)
    unfortunately I only have a choice from 6. This is the only A-Level School here, and they are quite conservative. In India, we have to take a certain path, with no mix
    & match. In the Science "course" I have to take 2 natural sciences, math, IT and English. I still don't know why we have to take English. since they are using this system I don't even think they know how difficult A-Levels are. (3 subjects Vs 6 subjects + core in IB) P.S. I had to break it up since it the actual one didn't show the whole answer, at least for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.