Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most Significant Stories in the Holy Bible? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently started reading this and got to about thirty per cent of the way through it.

I thought the stories in Genesis were good. And the stories about Moses.

What are the most significant bible stories after that? It seems to me to be lists and lists of kingdoms, cities, towns, family trees and the names of citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekuyper)
    I recently started reading this and got to about thirty per cent of the way through it.

What are the most significant bible stories after that? It seems to me to be lists and lists of kingdoms, cities, towns, family trees and the names of citizens.
    I don’t know if you are reading each book at a time (like in order eg. Genesis, exodus etc) but the Parable of the almost Son in Luke 15:11-32 is quite sugnificant
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T4wreckedme)
    I don’t know if you are reading each book at a time (like in order eg. Genesis, exodus etc) but the Parable of the almost Son in Luke 15:11-32 is quite sugnificant
    There are also all the miracles that Jesus did eg. Turns water into wine, first catch of fish, stills the storm, walks on water, feeds the 500 etc. If you look them all up google should be able to tell you where you can find them. If not I might be able to
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

The most significant story in the bible is Jesus life, death and resurrection so you'd be looking at the gospels in the New Testament.

All the parables have depth to them but one of my most favourite people in the bible is Daniel, the Book of Daniel is a good read about a young man who refused to go against his principles.

ReputationRep:
    there are some cracking stories in the Old Testament....

"He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, so he reached out and took it and killed a thousand men with it. "

this is Samson slaying the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass... what a guy.

ReputationRep:
    There's a great one where Jesus beats the West Indies in a 5 day test all on his own.

ReputationRep:

The bible is not a reading book. It is not to be taken literally. It contains secrets and the "stories" are merely the padding around those secrets. Some secrets are written allegorically, some are cryptic, some are encoded.

When you understand this, you read the work in a different way.

For example, the opening passages of Genesis are NOT talking about God creating the universe. They are cryptically describing a recipe, a process, a chemical process, infact an alchemical process.

The same processes are mentioned in Proverbs and in other parts of the bible. To sit and just read the bible as a story is both boring and ultimately confusing because there are contradictions all over the shop. It is not meant to be read that way.

Unfortunately, the "churches" don't tell you this. They want people to take it literally in order to get people to conform. They use the literal stories to frighten people into guilt trips, conform or face the penalty, heaven, hell etc. It's a nonsense and it is so sad that they entrap so many people this way.

The bible is just one of a great many works that contains great secrets. Scholars had to write secrets in this way, encoded, cryptically, because they were hunted and killed for those secrets. The ordinary people could never see those secrets, even those hidden in plain sight.

The world rumbles on and the privileged few keep those secrets to themselves, benefiting from them, whilst leaving the rest in ignorance, leaving them to a world of slavery and somewhat meaningless existence.

Some of the secrets are coming to light because the advent of the internet means you can not stop information from spreading.

Open your eyes, search for the real truths. Do not follow or conform to mainstream religions. They exist to control you. Respect the sacred works of each religion, the bible, the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita, many others because they ALL contain the same secrets, the same truths.
    Once you see them, you see them everywhere.

Look to the works of the sages and philosophers. The many treatises, scripts and tomes.

All of these works in their collectiveness contain the secrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    The bible is not a reading book. It is not to be taken literally. It contains secrets and the "stories" are merely the padding around those secrets. Some secrets are written allegorically, some are cryptic, some are encoded.

When you understand this, you read the work in a different way.

For example, the opening passages of Genesis are NOT talking about God creating the universe. They are cryptically describing a recipe, a process, a chemical process, infact an alchemical process.

The same processes are mentioned in Proverbs and in other parts of the bible. To sit and just read the bible as a story is both boring and ultimately confusing because there are contradictions all over the shop. It is not meant to be read that way.

Unfortunately, the "churches" don't tell you this. They want people to take it literally in order to get people to conform. They use the literal stories to frighten people into guilt trips, conform or face the penalty, heaven, hell etc. It's a nonsense and it is so sad that they entrap so many people this way.

The bible is just one of a great many works that contains great secrets. Scholars had to write secrets in this way, encoded, cryptically, because they were hunted and killed for those secrets. The ordinary people could never see those secrets, even those hidden in plain sight.

The world rumbles on and the privileged few keep those secrets to themselves, benefiting from them, whilst leaving the rest in ignorance, leaving them to a world of slavery and somewhat meaningless existence.

Some of the secrets are coming to light because the advent of the internet means you can not stop information from spreading.

Open your eyes, search for the real truths. Do not follow or conform to mainstream religions. They exist to control you. Respect the sacred works of each religion, the bible, the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita, many others because they ALL contain the same secrets, the same truths.
    Once you see them, you see them everywhere.

Look to the works of the sages and philosophers. The many treatises, scripts and tomes.

All of these works in their collectiveness contain the secrets.
    oh go on tell us the secrets

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    oh go on tell us the secrets

:beard:
    It was an interesting post, to be sure.

I wonder if he's talking about the self-improvement industry and the many books and productions therein? There is a book called "The Secret" also, as it goes.

ReputationRep:
    It was an interesting post, to be sure.

I wonder if he's talking about the self-improvement industry and the many books and productions therein? There is a book called "The Secret" also, as it goes.
    there are many popular novels about secret this, that and the other. Dan Brown has a lot to answer for.

ReputationRep:
    I am no Gnostic. I do not claim to have all the answers, but by the grace of others who have written about the secrets, and because I went searching for the truths, had an ear to hear, I learned some things.

Let this whet your appetite.

The Philosopher's, sages, Egyptians and many other civilisations all talked about a special substance which provided "Life" to mankind. It had many names. Egyptians knew it as Shew Bread, others called it the Elixir of Life, Ambrosia, Nectar of the Gods, The Philosopher's Stone. The latter is the more popular name and it is often shortened to just "The Stone".

The Stone is not a stone in the sense we know, i.e. not a rock. It is a powder and sometimes a waxy liquid. It is alleged to have some great properties and it comes in 2 forms, a White Stone and a Red Stone. Bear with me please.

The White stone is the stone of health. It provides the energy the body needs to reach perfect health, thus allows you to cure any ailment. It also allowed the alchemists to turn base metals into Silver.

The Red Stone is the stone of longevity. It provides the energy the body needs to continually renew itself at a great rate and thus makes a person live a very long time, like 1000s of years. It also allowed alchemists to turn base metals into Gold.

One soon realises that the "stories" in the bible start to confirm this. They talk for example about Noah living over 900 yrs. It's not nonsense. Noah had the Stone, as did many of the biblical OT characters, as did Jesus himself. The bible mentions the stone when it talks of Manna, the white substance that magically sustained the people that Moses led across the desert.

I'm not asking you believe in this stuff at this stage. I simply ask you to understand the terms. Understand that the ancients wrote about these things and I will show you how they are encoded.

Now let me outline the alchemical process that is allegedly used to create this magical substance, the Stone.

It's a 2 part process but the 2nd part is the most referenced. The second part takes place in an egg shaped flask thus:

In the bottom of the flask is placed a special salt and a special liquid. You don't need to understand what they are at this stage. A gentle heat (body temp) is applied to the bottom of the flask and this creates the environment for things to happen.

The heat causes a vapour to rise up from the salt/liquid, a mist if you like. It rises to the top of the flask where the temp is cooler. So it condenses and forms drops of liquid again which then fall back down like rain or dew. In effect this is a microcosm that mimics our own weather systems.
    The flask is left to do it's thing, constantly cycling vapour, rising to the top, falling back down, round and round. It goes on for about 1-2 years.

In that time the substance in the flask changes.

Still with me ? Stick with it. You will be glad you did.

The salt in the flask starts out pure WHITE. Over time it then turns jet BLACK, which is the stage at which it has gone rotten, putrefied, and been reduced to its "first matter". Over more time it then turns WHITE again (this is the White Stone) and even further on it turns a crimson RED (the Red Stone).

So now I have outlined some important things. The ancients used cryptic or allegorical terms for things. Here, the top of the flask is allegorically referred to as "The Heavens", the vapour that rises is referred to as The Mist or Spirit and the drops that form at the top and fall back down are Rain or Dew.
    The salt/substance in the bottom of the flask is referred to as The Earth. All simple enough. Simple allegorical terms describing a fairly simple alchemical process in a flask, but one which creates the Elixir of Life, The Philosopher's Stone. Remember the terms and remember that the process turns the substance from White to Black to White and to Red. The black stage is often referred to as the Crow or Raven.

Now for the OMG moment !

Let me now quote you some passages in the bible that you have read and see for yourself the TRUTH of what they are talking about. You will never see the bible in the same way again. I will highlight the key terms in bold which you will now realise are the alchemical terms not literal terms.

Genesis 2:4-7: "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 3:22: "And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
    [The "tree of life" is another term for the Stone which grants eternal life]

ISAIAH 45 - 8 "You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it."

John 6:53-58: "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever."
    [Do not take this literally. The "flesh" is the White Stone and the "blood" is the Red Stone. If you have the Stone, the Manna, you have life and will live forever]

Revelation 2 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
    [Should be getting obvious now!]

Song of Solomon 5:10-16: "My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand. His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
    [remember the colours the Stone goes through? White, Black, Red)

And now perhaps the greatest and most obvious reference in all of the bible here, in Proverbs. Remember the properties of The Stone. On the one hand you get health and long life, on the other hand you can turn base metals to silver/gold and base crystals into gems, so great wealth.

Proverbs 3:13-20: "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew
    [The "wisdom" here is clearly The Stone. Happy is the man that finds it!]

There are other quotes that equally and clearly refer to the Philosopher's Stone. There are other secrets too.

These truths will not sit well with fundamental Christians I'm afraid because they believe that the flesh and blood of Christ is LITERALLY what provides eternal life. The texts are allegorical. The truth is The Stone. Jesus quite obviously had the Stone as did many biblical characters before him. The Stone allowed Jesus to perform miracles, transmutations. It allowed him to heal others.

I neglected to mention a few other properties of the Stone. If you have the Stone, your body is provided with all the energy it needs to exist to it's peak. You will not feel the effects of extreme heat or cold. You do not need to eat or drink because the energy you would get from eating and drinking is already being provided by ingesting the Stone.

Jesus went into the desert for 40 days and nights. He survived the extreme temperatures there, and he did not starve or die of thirst. The reason is simply that he had the Stone.

When he was crucified his body was already filled with the Stone's energy and his disciples tended to him in the crypt with the Stone to fully revive him on that 3rd day. He still bore the wounds, the holes in his hands, but he was fully healed. Also fully enlightened as you can imagine what the power of the Stone does to the mind and consciousness.

Well that's enough for now.

I don't ask you to believe in the Stone, though I firmly believe it exists or has existed. I simply ask that you recognise the alchemical process I have described in that egg shaped flask, recognise the terminology and then see with new eyes how the bible mentions it, references it in many different places.

Reading the bible literally is clearly not the way to go. Reading Genesis literally just describes God creating a universe. Now you know differently. Now you know it is describing the creation of the Elixir of Life in a flask !

Seek and you will find the answers.

(If anyone else out there knows of these secrets I welcome discourse)

ReputationRep:
    I would like to re-iterate that this great secret is mentioned in all major religions equally cryptically for those who have eyes to see.

From the Quran

Surah An-Naml (The Ants)

60. Is not He (better than your gods) Who created the heavens and the earth,
    and sends down for you water (rain) from the sky, whereby We cause to grow
    wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight? It is not in your ability to
    cause the growth of their trees.

Surah Ar-Rum (Rome)

24. "He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and therewith revives the earth
    after its death. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who understand"
    [remember the substance in the flask first goes black, putrefies (effectively dies) and is then revived and turns white]

Surah At-Tariq (The Night Comer)

11. By the sky (having rain clouds) which gives rain, again and again.
    [reference to the repeating cycle in the flask, vapour rises, rain falls, over and over]

Surah Al-Fatir or Al-Mala'ikah (The Originator or The Angels)

27. "See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce
    therewith fruits of varying colours, and among the mountains are streaks white and
    red, of varying colours and (others) very black."
    [remember the colour sequence of the Stone process? White, Black, White, Red]

Surah Az-Zumar (The Groups)

21. "See you not, that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and causes
    it to penetrate the earth, (and then makes it to spring up) as water-springs and
    afterward thereby produces crops of different colours"
    [makes it to spring up i.e. the vapour/mist, produces crops of different colours i.e. the White, Black and Red]

Understand then that regardless of which backgrounds we all come from, Christian, Islam, Sikhism, Taoism etc, we are all on the same journey and the same great secret is hidden in the sacred works of each religion for us to find.

When we are ignorant, we read these works literally and in doing so make false assumptions and conclusions. The various works have inconsistencies, contradictions so that when read literally there is much confusion and this leads to arguments. The sadness is that when we are ignorant, when we read these works literally and try to apply those literal concepts, we end up fighting each other. One work claims one thing, another work claims another and people in either religion find themselves at odds.

We must learn to read the works with new eyes. To see that they are NOT meant to be read literally, that they contain great and valuable secrets and that in those secrets, there is consistency, harmony, a oneness which brings them all together. We CAN all live peacefully together when we realise what these works are and what they mean. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Another reference here from Rosicrucianism

Altar of the Theraphic Tie, by B.M.I. of the Rosicrucians, 1616 AD

"On little do we live
    Well satisfied with some thing.
    Our bodies we cure
    According to nature properly.
    Therefore our health is good indeed
    And we live many a long year,
    Which creepys softly along like a tender revulet
    Runs equally away on its course."

[basically highlighting the primary benefits of the Stone, curing ailments, perfect health and longevity]

ReputationRep:

you've out yourself for a treat here boi

15. Numbers 31:32
    These were the spoils which remained of the plunder taken by the fighting men: 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys, and as for persons, 32,000 young women who had had no intercourse with a man.
    14. Genesis 16:8
    And he said “Hagar, Sarai’s slave girl, where have you come from and where are you going?” She answered, “I’m running away from Sarai, my mistress.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to ill treatment at her hands.”
    13. Genesis 15:9
    The Lord answered, “Bring me a heifer three years old, a she-goat, three years old, a ram three years old, a turtle dove and a young pigeon.”
    12. Deut. 25:11
    When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.
    11. Genesis 19:8
    “Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

10. Deut. 28:53
    Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.
    9. Judges 3:21
    And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out.
    8. Mark 14:51
    A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.

7. Genesis 38:9
    Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.
    6. Ezekiel 16:17
    You also took the fine jewelry I gave you, the jewelry made of my gold and silver, and you made for yourself male idols and engaged in prostitution with them.

5. Kings 2:23
    Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
    4. Deut. 23:1
    No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God.
    3. Leviticus 24:16
    Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.
    2. Exodus 4:24
    And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, “Surely a bloody husband art thou to me”.
    1. Ezekiel 23:19
    Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

i particularly enjoy the one where the guy gets called a baldy by some kids so the guy curses the kids and the kids get reked by some bears good ol god for ya

ReputationRep:
    @Dekuyper @the Bear

Have you understood that which I have revealed to you? Any feedback?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.