Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To complete a task in 30days, a company needs 4people each working for 7 hours per day.
    The company decides to have 5 people each working for 6 hours per day.
    Assuming that each person works at the same rate, how many days will the task take to complete?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any ideas so far? Try thinking about how much work goes into completing the task in 30 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusjessica15)
    To complete a task in 30days, a company needs 4people each working for 7 hours per day.
    The company decides to have 5 people each working for 6 hours per day.
    Assuming that each person works at the same rate, how many days will the task take to complete?
    x = 7*4 = 28 * 30 = 840
    y = 5*6 = 30

x/y = 28 days

Unless I am missing something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatedigi)
    Have you got any ideas so far? Try thinking about how much work goes into completing the task in 30 days.
    no not really

ReputationRep:
    If 4 workers spend 7 hours working each day we know they do 28 hours worth of work per day combined. If 28 hours worth of work must be done over 30 days that means 840 hours of work must be done in total to complete the project. If you have five people do the 840 hours worth of work, each would have to complete 168 hours. If they do 6 hours per day (168/6) they would need to spend 28 days working (making it the faster option). This is of course ignoring ideas such as fatigue and competence of said workers but I'm assuming you don't need to take this into consideration. Hope this has helped xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flatline)
    x = 7*4 = 28 * 30 = 840
    y = 5*6 = 30

x/y = 28 days

Unless I am missing something
    thank you so much, it's probably right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizzey)
    If 4 workers spend 7 hours working each day we know they do 28 hours worth of work per day combined. If 28 hours worth of work must be done over 30 days that means 840 hours of work must be done in total to complete the project. If you have five people do the 840 hours worth of work, each would have to complete 168 hours. If they do 6 hours per day (168/6) they would need to spend 28 days working (making it the faster option). This is of course ignoring ideas such as fatigue and competence of said workers but I'm assuming you don't need to take this into consideration. Hope this has helped xoxo
    thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much, it's probably right
    np b.

ReputationRep:
    you can work out the man hours needed:

4 x 7 x 30

so when there are 5 workers there for 6 hours a day....

5 x 6 x ? = 4 x 7 x 30

then it is straightforward to find ?

ReputationRep:
    Is mathsgenie a good revision tool to use for the new 9-1 GCSE mathematics? Has anyone used it and will it get me a 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maro122)
    Is mathsgenie a good revision tool to use for the new 9-1 GCSE mathematics? Has anyone used it and will it get me a 4
    Hi mathsgenie is actually really good, i use it for self- maths revision. it has different grades for you to revise from, it gives you revision material, then some questions
    and solutions for them...

i really recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi mathsgenie is actually really good, i use it for self- maths revision. it has different grades for you to revise from, it gives you revision material, then some questions
    and solutions for them...
    i really recommend it!
    Hey thanks fir your reply, do you think it can help me achieve a grade 4 or above?

ReputationRep:
    28 hours(7*4) a day = k/30 days since hours worked a day is inversely proportional to days it takes. Therefore, k=28*30

now, since k is constant, 30hours(6*5 hours a day)* number of days=28*30

Therefore, days=28.

I hope that made sense as they kinda swap around if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maro122)
    Hey thanks fir your reply, do you think it can help me achieve a grade 4 or above?
    sorry, i couldn't reply sooner, yes of course you can achieve above 4, it has different topics in different grades.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.