Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have tried and failed a few times at making my own grow my grades however this time I will be dedicated as every time I see a grow my grades post it inspires me! (Sorry not sorry for the cheese)

My A Levels...
    Biology (AQA)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Geography (AQA)
    I'm going to have to learn to love AQA!

Predicted grades...
    Biology - C
    Chemistry - C
    Geography - C
    Not amazed with the grades but they're a start, also based on GCSE grades.

My GCSE grades...
    (These are not the sort of grades you see on tsr so please don't laugh, I wasn't trying incredibly hard and I feel these grades aren't a representation of me although they ARE what I deserved for my efforts at the time)
    Maths- 5
    English literature- 5
    English language- 5
    Core science- B
    Additional science- B
    RE- A
    Food technology- B
    Geography- B
    History- D, don't worry its history lol

As my A levels are majority science I will break down my science GCSE results
    Core science- Biology - B
    - Chemistry - A
    - Physics - B
    - ISA - C
    Additional science- Biology- A
    - Chemistry- A
    -Physics - B
    - ISA - C

Aspirations...

I have many, a few completely out of my reach but oh well what is the harm in trying?

-Cardiovascular surgeon
    This is an annoying aspiration that I have had since I can remember I have always found the heart above all the most fascinating , clearly my GSCE grades are terrible however I wouldn't care where I attended medical school and would be prepared to try for graduate entry medicine.

-Biology or Chemistry teacher (secondary school)
    I love biology, I love chemistry and I think I would love teaching however I am put off by long unpaid hours and unappreciative children

-A Bio chemist/scientist/medical scientist
    As much as I would love to do medicine one day I do believe that the really excitement lies in the discovery and cures of disease and any medical condition. I also love lab work and feel that these jobs would be fun for me.

-An environmental scientist/geographer
    I would love to travel to very remote places perhaps even to places few have been before and discover new things about our amazing planet.

-Air traffic controller
    Just one of those jobs that I think would be amazing and should an opportunity ever arise I would take it as I love working under pressure and find everything about airports and aeroplanes fascinating (HOW ON EARTH DO PLANES WORK?!!)

Sorry for the ramble!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Good luck!
    Thank you I will start properly on Monday, the best day to start anything!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studygeekscience)
    Thank you I will start properly on Monday, the best day to start anything!
    Good to see that you're motivated!

ReputationRep:
    Day 1- Sat 28th September 2017

Today I have to admit I haven't done one single thing! I was only planning on sorting out my files and just being aware of where everything is as I have finished the majority of tasks I needed to do over the holidays. However I was pulled into babysitting from 8.30- 6 so I just didn't do anything!

So its back to school on Monday and I'll have to sort out a few little bits and one big homework I've left till now although it isn't in until Friday.

ReputationRep:
    PREVIOUS TEST SCORES

I won't include the dates as I don't remember when they were.

Biology - 33/41 B
    Biology- 19/25 B
    Biology- 25/40 C. I was disappointed with this one.

Chemistry- 27/45 C
    Chemistry- 19/40 D
    Chemistry is harder than I thought but I still love it and will work harder

Geography- 45/50 A
    There are also two tests being marked over the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studygeekscience)
    So I have tried and failed a few times at making my own grow my grades however this time I will be dedicated as every time I see a grow my grades post it inspires me! (Sorry not sorry for the cheese)

My A Levels...
    Biology (AQA)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Geography (AQA)
    I'm going to have to learn to love AQA!

Predicted grades...
    Biology - C
    Chemistry - C
    Geography - C
    Not amazed with the grades but they're a start, also based on GCSE grades.

My GCSE grades...
    (These are not the sort of grades you see on tsr so please don't laugh, I wasn't trying incredibly hard and I feel these grades aren't a representation of me although they ARE what I deserved for my efforts at the time)
    Maths- 5
    English literature- 5
    English language- 5
    Core science- B
    Additional science- B
    RE- A
    Food technology- B
    Geography- B
    History- D, don't worry its history lol

As my A levels are majority science I will break down my science GCSE results
    Core science- Biology - B
    - Chemistry - A
    - Physics - B
    - ISA - C
    Additional science- Biology- A
    - Chemistry- A
    -Physics - B
    - ISA - C

Aspirations...

I have many, a few completely out of my reach but oh well what is the harm in trying?

-Cardiovascular surgeon
    This is an annoying aspiration that I have had since I can remember I have always found the heart above all the most fascinating , clearly my GSCE grades are terrible however I wouldn't care where I attended medical school and would be prepared to try for graduate entry medicine.

-Biology or Chemistry teacher (secondary school)
    I love biology, I love chemistry and I think I would love teaching however I am put off by long unpaid hours and unappreciative children

-A Bio chemist/scientist/medical scientist
    As much as I would love to do medicine one day I do believe that the really excitement lies in the discovery and cures of disease and any medical condition. I also love lab work and feel that these jobs would be fun for me.

-An environmental scientist/geographer
    I would love to travel to very remote places perhaps even to places few have been before and discover new things about our amazing planet.

-Air traffic controller
    Just one of those jobs that I think would be amazing and should an opportunity ever arise I would take it as I love working under pressure and find everything about airports and aeroplanes fascinating (HOW ON EARTH DO PLANES WORK?!!)

Sorry for the ramble!
    why do people always think they can predict a level grades at the start of year 12 ffs you can't.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    why do people always think they can predict a level grades at the start of year 12 ffs you can't.
    Who? The teachers or me?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't been adding on time my wifi is shocking in the evening for some reason.

Day 2- Sunday 29th October 2017

Didn’t do loads today as I kind of want to get back to school and have a reminder of what I’m doing. However, I did more than yesterday, I started with about fifteen chemistry questions relating the titration practical that we have just finished in class before the half term. Some were fairly easy and were just common sense however a few were pretty mathsy and this is something I struggle with so I must remember to do some practise questions on these tomorrow. I then realised that I have a geography test on Tuesday about urbanisation and all that fun stuff so I finished the flash card that I started making on this topic and made a key words sheet. Tomorrow I will do some exam questions to prepare but I hate revising the night before a test so I won’t do loads!

The good news is that all the work in my folders is up to date and organised ready to start the new half term tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Day 3- 30th October 2017

I felt fairly productive today, it was my first day back at school and I only had two lessons (biology and chemistry). in my frees I did a few chemistry exam questions that I have previously struggled with this a actually helped a lot and I must remember to do this in future. I also finished writing up my last biology experiment into my lab book (actual hell on earth I hate doing it). When I got home I just looked over my geography flashcards and notes in preparation for my test tomorrow, I feel quite prepared but who knows. I also made a sort of revision timetable which I will add a picture of tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.