Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Im in my 4th week of university studying economics and I was wondering if anyone here did economics in university without doing it at A level and if they have could you please tell me any advice you can as I am struggling at the moment and really worried if I can do well in my exams.
    I did A Level Maths, Geography and business.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise speaking to your personal tutor about it (the dept will have allocated one to you) so they are aware you are finding it challenging.

If there are specific topics that are confusing in the lecture, read up about it in your textbook, and then contact the lecturer for help. At uni, it is assumed you will take the initiative and make contact. Most lecturers will help if you do.

Another suggestion is to read ahead of your topics, so that lectures become revision, not the first sight of a topic.

Check out A level revision sites like www.economicshelp.org that have condensed simplified explanations of economic concepts.

Finally, there are people on the course with A level economics. Their learning curve will be different to yours in the early stages, but it levels out later in the year, so try not to compare yourself to them just yet.

On a positive note, you have A level maths, and 2 strong essay subjects behind you, so you have the good underlying study skills for economics.
    Good luck.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.