Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

abi's journey (more like attempt) to A*AA Watch

ReputationRep:
    hola, como estas muy bien gracias y tu ?? ( some gcse espanol for u there you're welcome)

hi im abi its nice to meet you, i am eighteen and i am in my last year of a levels

i study mathematics, classics and economics, and i want to study maths at university (hopefully)
    unfortunately for me i am not the brightest bulb in the...bulb..box? wow ok anyway
    but i am gonna try extremely hard to reach my goal of A*AA..... insane i know, shooting for the moon right?

last academic year i had to do AS exams in both maths and classics, was not happy in the slightest with the results but i'll tell you them anyway, nosy parkers.
    i got:
    a B in classics ( B in tragedy, B in the odyssey)
    and , wait for it..
    a C (!!!) in maths (D in C1, B in C2, B in stats)
    ( "i thought you said u wanted to do maths" listen..dont even start im sorry im not naturally gifted at differential equations)

now here's the plot twist, little abi has not only found out that she has a learning difficulty (processing issues also known as "shes a bit slow") but i also had to have a major spinal surgery during the summer, i missed out on a MONTH of a levels..basically death on a plate.
    BUT
    im still alive, barely breathing (asthma), but alive.

so i kinda want an A* in economics, an A in maths and an A in classics. Im redoing C1 and C2 but not S1 because i cannot cope with that stress when i can barely sit up sometimes

THIS WAS LONGER THAN EXPECTED SO IM GONNA SIGN OFF NOW

much love,

abi
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiantoinette)
    hola, como estas muy bien gracias y tu ?? ( some gcse espanol for u there you're welcome)

hi im abi its nice to meet you, i am eighteen and i am in my last year of a levels

i study mathematics, classics and economics, and i want to study maths at university (hopefully)
    unfortunately for me i am not the brightest bulb in the...bulb..box? wow ok anyway
    but i am gonna try extremely hard to reach my goal of A*AA..... insane i know, shooting for the moon right?

last academic year i had to do AS exams in both maths and classics, was not happy in the slightest with the results but i'll tell you them anyway, nosy parkers.
    i got:
    a B in classics ( B in tragedy, B in the odyssey)
    and , wait for it..
    a C (!!!) in maths (D in C1, B in C2, B in stats)
    ( "i thought you said u wanted to do maths" listen..dont even start im sorry im not naturally gifted at differential equations)

now here's the plot twist, little abi has not only found out that she has a learning difficulty (processing issues also known as "shes a bit slow" but i also had to have a major spinal surgery during the summer, i missed out on a MONTH of a levels..basically death on a plate.
    BUT
    im still alive, barely breathing (asthma), but alive.

so i kinda want an A* in economics, an A in maths and an A in classics. Im redoing C1 and C2 but not S1 because i cannot cope with that stress when i can barely sit up sometimes

THIS WAS LONGER THAN EXPECTED SO IM GONNA SIGN OFF NOW

much love,

abi
    :heart:

Let me know how you get on.

Where have you applied/are applying for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :heart:

Let me know how you get on.

Where have you applied/are applying for uni?
    im applying to Manchester Nottingham Cardiff Liverpool annnd uhm Birmingham? i can barely remember sometimes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    im applying to Manchester Nottingham Cardiff Liverpool annnd uhm Birmingham? i can barely remember sometimes
    :rofl: Yeah I know that feeling. Do they all have similar offer grades?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Yeah I know that feeling. Do they all have similar offer grades?
    Liverpool is my insurance bc it has ABB, and with Nottingham im doing a foundation year so the offer is lower too. everyone else is AAA/AAB
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is my insurance bc it has ABB, and with Nottingham im doing a foundation year so the offer is lower too. everyone else is AAA/AAB
    :yy: Obviously I hope you get your firm, but Liverpool is the greatest city on Earth.

ReputationRep:
    :yy: Obviously I hope you get your firm, but Liverpool is the greatest city on Earth.
    oh reaaallly, im guessing thats your city?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    oh reaaallly, im guessing thats your city?
    :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  FE48D6CC-3D38-41EC-B5AB-8A7F5673773E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  61.2 KBName:  E7DB62DB-A60C-49F6-AEB6-BB10E161887B.jpg.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  49.4 KB

hello hello greetings from the depths of my bed because holy mother of all things pure was it cold today. also first day back from half term, coincidence? i think NOT.
    so i have an economics test coming up, did notes of things i shouldve already had notes on lord jesus are those chapters long. i have one more to do before i start making flashcards to test my knowledge, if i have any. pray for me, i strongly detest this subject

(ps i dont like the capitalisation on letters im so sorry if that irritates you but meh idc )

guten nacht (naught? nauht ? knight ? i dropped this subject asap )

Abi
    xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04mr17)
    :innocent:
    wooow what a guesss

ReputationRep:
    my BACK. it hurts. this is very inconvenient. next week i am planning to go into school for five days a week for the first time this year but my family think im gonna knock myself out. while that may be true, i just cannot stand missing school it honestly gives me anxiety and that is the last thing i need. i just wanna fo WELL for the first time in my damn life.

ReputationRep:
    HELLO. is it tuesday? yes, alright okay.
    i got back my first essay of the year in classics, I actually think I was top of the class, I wasn't ecstatic because it was a B, but considering I had missed out nearly two months of school I think that's pretty cool, I also hate hate hate essays, and I'm the only one in the class who doesn't do any other literature subjects, so I should be proud, and I am.

I have a maths test on friday, my problem is trying to recall the rules of integration and the trig identities, hopefully it goes well

But right about now, I am doing some economics homework, how boring

but alas I must continue,
    this is abi, signing out

ta ta x
    Name:  B2B47A91-29FD-4F26-990E-4CBEC471A58C.jpg.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  42.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. At the end of the summer I came down with CMV and Glandular Fever both at the same time whilst being on immuno-suppressants for another chronic illness, which in turn gave me Hepatitis in my liver and a **** load of symptoms which lasted for 2 months, and there are some now like chronic tiredness which are still affecting me everyday.......

I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry at A2 just like you. Last year I managed to get A in maths and B in further maths (chem is a 2 year course) but Im really struggling this year with it all. School seem to now think I am perfectly fine so aren't really giving any extra support, despite my liver function still being very below average (hepatitis can take up to a year to clear up).

I'm hoping for A*AB in maths, chemistry and further maths respectively and applying for Cardiff, Surrey, Exeter, York and Leeds to do Maths BSc (hopefully moving up to MMath!!).

But yeah, nice to know I'm not the only one whose health is affecting their work Hope you can do as well as you want to do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _RobbieL_)
    I know how you feel. At the end of the summer I came down with CMV and Glandular Fever both at the same time whilst being on immuno-suppressants for another chronic illness, which in turn gave me Hepatitis in my liver and a **** load of symptoms which lasted for 2 months, and there are some now like chronic tiredness which are still affecting me everyday.......

I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry at A2 just like you. Last year I managed to get A in maths and B in further maths (chem is a 2 year course) but Im really struggling this year with it all. School seem to now think I am perfectly fine so aren't really giving any extra support, despite my liver function still being very below average (hepatitis can take up to a year to clear up).

I'm hoping for A*AB in maths, chemistry and further maths respectively and applying for Cardiff, Surrey, Exeter, York and Leeds to do Maths BSc (hopefully moving up to MMath!!).

But yeah, nice to know I'm not the only one whose health is affecting their work Hope you can do as well as you want to do!!
    wow i hope you are okay, itsso difficult juggling health and studies especially for this year, who is your first choice uni?

I wanna do a masters too, i'm probably gonna be spending 5 years at uni at this point if I go through with a foundation year hahaha

we both got this, i believe in us

ReputationRep:
    wow i hope you are okay, itsso difficult juggling health and studies especially for this year, who is your first choice uni?

I wanna do a masters too, i'm probably gonna be spending 5 years at uni at this point if I go through with a foundation year hahaha

we both got this, i believe in us
    Cardiff is my No. 1 Fave.... like literally soso much that I dont care about the others HAHA

I love the city and the uni and its only 45 mins from home its just perfect, plus the entry requirements aren't TOO difficult (AAB i think, hoping i get a ABB offer)

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is my No. 1 Fave.... like literally soso much that I dont care about the others HAHA

I love the city and the uni and its only 45 mins from home its just perfect, plus the entry requirements aren't TOO difficult (AAB i think, hoping i get a ABB offer)
    when i visited cardiff it was so nice, the uni itself was picturesque like straight out of the prospectus, but its hours and hours away for me haha

i hope it all goes well, update me if you can !

ReputationRep:
    when i visited cardiff it was so nice, the uni itself was picturesque like straight out of the prospectus, but its hours and hours away for me haha

i hope it all goes well, update me if you can !
    moving away from home doesn't really bother me, like i will be staying in student accom at cardiff but its nice to be close to home (ish) just in case I get homesick or something like that!

what ones are your firm/insurance?

also have you sent off your application yet? Mine is going to ucas tomorrow or the day after so i can update you on any offers and stuff !

ReputationRep:
    I've recently found that I have a processing disorder (as well as dyspraxia ) too!! Hope to you help overcome it? I just take a lot longer to check questions over, but haven't found any techniques to improve this (

ReputationRep:
    moving away from home doesn't really bother me, like i will be staying in student accom at cardiff but its nice to be close to home (ish) just in case I get homesick or something like that!

what ones are your firm/insurance?

also have you sent off your application yet? Mine is going to ucas tomorrow or the day after so i can update you on any offers and stuff !
    i wanna go really far from home, my mother is just not so keen because of the surgery and stuff hahaha

my firm is a toss up between Leeds and Nottingham, Insurance is Liverpool just because its the lowest of the 5

Mine is pretty much done and dusted just need to talk to a few teachers and book my reference reading then it should be off. oh my god how EXCITING are you excited or nervous or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvogadrosAvocado)
    I've recently found that I have a processing disorder (as well as dyspraxia ) too!! Hope to you help overcome it? I just take a lot longer to check questions over, but haven't found any techniques to improve this (
    heeeyyy
    well first of all you should definitely confirm things like extra time in exams with your school that is a MUST.
    I then would recommend reading the question 3 or more times, jotting down or underlining the key points because if you forget you can refer back. you also have to try and dissect the question word for word and just take your time, the added rush will honestly make you slip up at the worst of times.
    it's gonna be super frustrating and theres gonna be times when you're going to be angry at yourself but you really just have to keep at it and take your time,
    hope some of this helped and honestly, don't worry about it you'll be fine in the end

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.