Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My assignment file is corrupted and I submitted it! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i submitted an assignment, however, when uploaded to the uni database and previewing it seems to be corrupted as in words are jumbled up. I sent an email to the lectuturer and she said send it via email so I did. But now sometimes when I click onto the file it looks corrupted or an error message pops up. I think the file itself is corrupted, I just upload it on my friends computer again but will they accept this reason? I did inform her of the problem before the dead but of course deadline has passed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wouldnt worry, unis are usually pretty good about this kind of thing, I once submitted my essay plan by accident and they just let me submit it after the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny787)
    So i submitted an assignment, however, when uploaded to the uni database and previewing it seems to be corrupted as in words are jumbled up. I sent an email to the lectuturer and she said send it via email so I did. But now sometimes when I click onto the file it looks corrupted or an error message pops up. I think the file itself is corrupted, I just upload it on my friends computer again but will they accept this reason? I did inform her of the problem before the dead but of course deadline has passed.
    Slightly confused. Check that she’s received the file and it’s all there in order, and there shouldn’t be a problem?

If not, you’ll either have to find a way to fix it, or rewrite it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Slightly confused. Check that she’s received the file and it’s all there in order, and there shouldn’t be a problem?

If not, you’ll either have to find a way to fix it, or rewrite it.
    She has received the file and says it is in order, but the thing is sometimes the file opens normally sometimes it is corrupted. This assignment goes to my potential placement employers and so im worried they would have problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny787)
    She has received the file and says it is in order, but the thing is sometimes the file opens normally sometimes it is corrupted. This assignment goes to my potential placement employers and so im worried they would have problems with it.
    Ahh, okay. Well if she’s received it normally, there shouldn’t be an issue. As someone said above, uni’s should help if there’s any kind of issue with the corrupt file being sent to an employer, but your lecturer has the correct one.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.