Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not sure if I've moved on? Watch

Hey, guys.

Little story for you:
    Around 3 years ago I met this girl, who I ended up dating for around a year. We'd been very close and borderline GF/BF for a while, but teenage hormones made me way too nervous to ask her out [oh, the joys of the cringey teenage years]. The relationship I had with her was pretty sceptic; said girl would hang out with guys she knew fancied her, lead on other guys, etc. The relationship ended up finishing in, like, February of this year after I broke it off. Things were pretty messy, but we've both gone our own ways since. I'm far happier now I'm out of the relationship since now I've managed to spend time doing what I really like.

The issue is, ever since I broke up with her (almost 9 months ago now) I've not been able to envision myself with other girls. I've talked to them, sure, but nothing's ever escalated from it. I'm not nervous when it comes to asking girls out nowadays- it's just for whatever reason I just haven't found anyone.

There's been a couple of girls I've tried to hit it off with, it's not really worked. In-fact,the only girl I've kinda got feelings for is one that I've known for years that lives in a different country [I'm sure that'll be a post all to itself at some point].

Is this normal? Am I still bitter about the breakup? I don't feel that way, but it kinda looks that way. I can't distinguish between this being me not being able to find 'the one' or whether it's just me being a picky idiot.

ReputationRep:
    grow up!!!! move on with your life! and next time, do everyone a favor a spare is the whole 'romantic' thing and all a short question.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zambrotta)
    grow up!!!! move on with your life! and next time, do everyone a favor a spare is the whole 'romantic' thing and all a short question.
    lol someones not having a good day

ReputationRep:
    it's not having a bad day... it's the question that provokes me.

too silly!

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? And what is it you're looking for when it comes to dating?

if it's a case of you are able to talk to girls often and get to know them but aren't finding you hit it off then its probably just that you haven't found someone who you click with where it's mutual.

9 months is enough time to have moved on if you haven't seen her or been in contact and haven't been trying to get back with her. At the same time, it has only been 9 months so don't worry, the more people you get to know the greater chance of you finding someone who you gel with where it goes further, its a numbers game as long as you keep trying and improving at the same time. And it's good to be picky initially and not go along with something you're not feeling, saves time and emotions for all parties involved

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds like you haven't met a girl you connect with yet, or maybe because you have feelings for the girl in another country, it is stopping you from dating other girls?

It's common to look for traits that the previous person had. My boyfriend has such a quirky silly personality which I love. If we ever broke up I'd find it difficult to find someone like that again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.