Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry I'm posting a lot of things in one day, but I feel a sense of comfort in sharing thoughts that I've kept bottled to myself for a while. I decided to put this in the everyday issues topic, because I feel like stress is something that everyone faces everyday.
    I just wanted to share that I've been feeling stressed and upset lately, and I've been bottling this in, but not for me, for the sake of others.
    I've been feeling sad and upset lately, as my grandmother passed away lately, and my dad has been drinking more, and he's just constantly be putting me down and berating me, this is because I think he's a narcissist, I've been researching some traits, and I honestly think he's is suffering from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)
    And there's just been a lot on my plate recently, and after y dad said that I hadn't done anything to make me proud really made me feel like a disappointment, and like he didn't love me.
    I haven't shared this with anyone, as I didn't want to be "that annoying friend" and I haven't told my mother because she's already dealing with my difficult brother. And I haven't told my brother because e don't have a kind of relationship where we share things with each other, or talk in general. (we are twins). And I just feel like I've been dealing with a lot and need somewhere to rant and let this out.
    So comment, don't comment, I don't really mind, I just wanted somewhere to let this out. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a counsellor at school you could talk to maybe. I bottled things up for a long time as well and it seriously didn’t end well, and some of my friends experienced the same. I think that one real face-to-face conversation can really help to get things of your chest, even if there isn’t a solution offered.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.W.)
    Do you have a counsellor at school you could talk to maybe. I bottled things up for a long time as well and it seriously didn’t end well, and some of my friends experienced the same. I think that one real face-to-face conversation can really help to get things of your chest, even if there isn’t a solution offered.
    Thank you for your advice, and I wanted you to know that this made me think that I should talk to one of my friends, as I'm sure that one of my friends, who had a smiliar experience with her dad, would understand. So thank you for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.