Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in London and I love London nightlife I think its the best, however Westminster uni isn't a world renown uni where as durham is number 6th in the uni ranking, but the nightlife is bad, so which one would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly doesn’t matter too much which uni you go to. Just go where you feel is right for you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Lmao is this a joke?

Durham is obvs superior

ReputationRep:
    Well Durham has a brilliant reputation, but it also is a bore. Did you apply to other London unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia315)
    I live in London and I love London nightlife I think its the best, however Westminster uni isn't a world renown uni where as durham is number 6th in the uni ranking, but the nightlife is bad, so which one would you recommend?
    Birmingham, good rep, good nightlife..its a great balance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunset891)
    Well Durham has a brilliant reputation, but it also is a bore. Did you apply to other London unis?
    yeah I also applied to queen marys, UCL and Surrey

ReputationRep:
    What's the course?

Durham will set you up for a job significantly more than Westminster.

You are right though, Durham has **** night life. I think they said there's like one club when I went on the post-offer open day.
    Newcastle on the other hand is a completely different story and is a 10 minute train ride away.

It's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James1997c)
    What's the course?

Durham will set you up for a job significantly more than Westminster.

You are right though, Durham has **** night life. I think they said there's like one club when I went on the post-offer open day.
    Newcastle on the other hand is a completely different story and is a 10 minute train ride away.

It's your choice.
    the course I'm doing Is biomedical science.
    im so confused as to what to

ReputationRep:
    the course I'm doing Is biomedical science.
    im so confused as to what to
    Well, you've not even got an offer from Durham yet - so it isn't a given.

I'd personally choose Durham as firm. It's a stupid decision to choose Wesminster over Durham solely on the basis of nightlife. Unless you want to be close to your friends and family if you already live there, that's a different story..

ReputationRep:
    Durham is a small town. The town has a popualtion of 50.000 people. (18.000 of them are students)

ReputationRep:
    Durham, all you need is a thicker winter coat. A lot cheaper to live there too.

ReputationRep:
    really wouldn't recommend Durham, if you want a city lifestyle then switch choices to other city unis with a good rep, manchester, birmingham, liverpool etc. Honestly Durham is an extremely boring place, I speak from experience lol

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Durham

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you're thinking of applying to Durham you can also apply to the likes of UCL, KCL, ICL etc., all in London? Why Westminster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    Surely if you're thinking of applying to Durham you can also apply to the likes of UCL, KCL, ICL etc., all in London? Why Westminster?
    I have applied to UCL, but I need a back up just in case I mess up my grades.

ReputationRep:
    If you were to rank every uni in the UK and put them in tiers of 10, Durham would be about 10 tiers higher than Westminster, they aren't comparable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.