Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where's the best place to get a media degree?. I'm interested in film, video, photography, and radio not so much digital media or web design. Looking at Leeds at the moment. Also, would like it to be fairly practical. Any help greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Royal holloway do a practical degree. Not sure on the name but it’s media related ... something to do with production. Also goldsmiths is your kinda ‘Artsy’ ‘media’ uni.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    University.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyouuuuu!
    (Original post by gurlafraid)
    Royal holloway do a practical degree. Not sure on the name but it’s media related ... something to do with production. Also goldsmiths is your kinda ‘Artsy’ ‘media’ uni.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11emijar)
    Where's the best place to get a media degree?. I'm interested in film, video, photography, and radio not so much digital media or web design. Looking at Leeds at the moment. Also, would like it to be fairly practical. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Hi Emijar,

As another user has pointed out, Royal Holloway has a course in Film, Television and Digital Production. I graduated from Royal Holloway with a degree in Media Arts so I would be thrilled to chat with you about the course or the uni if you have any questions.

The course offers a 50/50 split between practical and theory, and both sides really compliment each other. In your first year you'll try a little bit of everything and then in your second and third year you can focus your modules onto the things that most interest you, from practical modules such as Sound Design, Cinematography and Directing, to theory courses in Bollywood, Hitchcock and the Avant Garde. You can take a look at the course breakdown here - take a look at the Course structure tab to see the full range of core and optional modules.

Even outside of the course, there are a whole selection of Societies such as Photography Soc and Film Soc as well as the chance to host or produce your own radio or TV show with Insanity Radio or Rhubarb TV.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course!

Summer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.