Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone currently in y11 applying to King Ed's Stourbridge (KEDST)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying here, is anyone else? Does anyone know what you would need to get in or what they would like? Is it good? I am going to apply but they need a 300 (I think) word personal statement so I am waiting until I am definitely sure of what I want to say before I apply.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my application yesterday.
    You need 5 GCSE's grade 6 to get in.
    I went to the open day and it was really good . Did you go?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxhfoozxh)
    I just finished my application yesterday.
    You need 5 GCSE's grade 6 to get in.
    I went to the open day and it was really good . Did you go?
    I went the the open evening on the Thursday and I thought it was really good as well, what did you put in your personal statement? I did the application thing yesterday but when I got to the personal statement part I got a bit caught off guard cause I didn't know that there were two and that you had to put it into bullet points.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day on thursday too and found it to be very good
    Same, i was a bit stuck on my personal statement but i went on ucas progress and there was a video on there about personal statements
    I wrote too much for maine so i had to take loads out but the videos really good.
    What subjects are you thinking of taking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxhfoozxh)
    I went to the open day on thursday too and found it to be very good
    Same, i was a bit stuck on my personal statement but i went on ucas progress and there was a video on there about personal statements
    I wrote too much for maine so i had to take loads out but the videos really good.
    What subjects are you thinking of taking
    Computer Science, Maths, Physics and if I wanna do 4, German

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for next year then as those are really hard subjects but im sure youll do well
    I want to do early modern history, english literature and psychology
    Also, if your still stuck on your personal statement, i can send you mine if you want

ReputationRep:
    nah it’s ok i’ll look on the website

ReputationRep:
    I'm a senior student in my last year at KEDST - if you guys want any questions answered then feel free to ask. I know we do really good as a college at sciences so I wouldn't worry about them being hard as results for those subjects seem to be much higher than others, and there's a lot more work placements available. I wouldn't worry about the personal statement so much - when I had my interview here it was barely even mentioned. Just as long as you make it clear why you want to study here particular it should be ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.