Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone currently in y11 applying to King Ed's Stourbridge (KEDST)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying here, is anyone else? Does anyone know what you would need to get in or what they would like? Is it good? I am going to apply but they need a 300 (I think) word personal statement so I am waiting until I am definitely sure of what I want to say before I apply.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my application yesterday.
    You need 5 GCSE's grade 6 to get in.
    I went to the open day and it was really good . Did you go?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxhfoozxh)
    I just finished my application yesterday.
    You need 5 GCSE's grade 6 to get in.
    I went to the open day and it was really good . Did you go?
    I went the the open evening on the Thursday and I thought it was really good as well, what did you put in your personal statement? I did the application thing yesterday but when I got to the personal statement part I got a bit caught off guard cause I didn't know that there were two and that you had to put it into bullet points.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day on thursday too and found it to be very good
    Same, i was a bit stuck on my personal statement but i went on ucas progress and there was a video on there about personal statements
    I wrote too much for maine so i had to take loads out but the videos really good.
    What subjects are you thinking of taking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxhfoozxh)
    I went to the open day on thursday too and found it to be very good
    Same, i was a bit stuck on my personal statement but i went on ucas progress and there was a video on there about personal statements
    I wrote too much for maine so i had to take loads out but the videos really good.
    What subjects are you thinking of taking
    Computer Science, Maths, Physics and if I wanna do 4, German

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for next year then as those are really hard subjects but im sure youll do well
    I want to do early modern history, english literature and psychology
    Also, if your still stuck on your personal statement, i can send you mine if you want

ReputationRep:
    nah it’s ok i’ll look on the website

ReputationRep:
    I'm a senior student in my last year at KEDST - if you guys want any questions answered then feel free to ask. I know we do really good as a college at sciences so I wouldn't worry about them being hard as results for those subjects seem to be much higher than others, and there's a lot more work placements available. I wouldn't worry about the personal statement so much - when I had my interview here it was barely even mentioned. Just as long as you make it clear why you want to study here particular it should be ok

ReputationRep:
    It's a **** college,it's not all that you know? I don't know why people think so highly of it. Make sure you have people you already know that are going with you because making friends there is really hard and everyone seems to just stick with their friends from their old school,the teachers are also patronising and stress you out a lot,they won't focus on you that much. I regret going there and i wish i could just go back to my old school where i had all my friends,was a good environment and the teachers were very helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.