Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I apply for college in the new year and I know i'm going to be applying to the best one in my area (It used to me 6th in the SW and 15th in the country but not sure if it still is as looked before summer(Richard Huish)) but i also really like the idea of Exeter college, and it would be so much harder to get into and i also probably won't have any friends whatsoever going, whereas Huish is next to my current school and friends are going. Im so stuck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me but I am quite surprised... going to an amazing College is the least of your worries ... it’s mostly independent work anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurlafraid)
    Forgive me but I am quite surprised... going to an amazing College is the least of you worries ... it’s mostly independent work anyway.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean? I understand that its independent work but if I were to go to Exeter college, it will be easier to get into the university as they're linked. Everyone dreams of going to the best university so forgive me if I want to go to a good college ahah

ReputationRep:
    Unis don’t care about what college you went to ... they want the grades and a good personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurlafraid)
    Unis don’t care about what college you went to ... they want the grades and a good personal statement.
    Actually i watched a documentary tonight which proves your point wrong. 10/100 white english people that go to a regular state school or college go to a top university whereas 28/100 who go to a top college or private school go to a top universities . It was a show talking about the urban community and the chance of a black PM just so you know why i'm saying white ahah

ReputationRep:
    Depends what college you talking about are you talking about American college or British College sorry if the message is not clear I'm sort of new on this site

ReputationRep:
    I’m pretty sure if you got the grades required going to a state college you’d get in. Have you not heard of schemes where people from poorer schools get lower entry requirements ?????

ReputationRep:
    No

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.