The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shahadarfaj
Hello everyone

I am 15 years old in year 10 i want to do my gcse this year I know it will be hard but I will try my best, The question is can I go to university without a levels because after my GCSE I want to get foundations course then go to university is that possible???

Thank you

Unlikely. You need a post-16 qualification for uni.
Reply 2
I am going to be 16 when I go to uni
Hello everyone

I am 15 years old in year 10 i want to do my gcse this year I know it will be hard but I will try my best, The question is can I go to university without a levels because after my GCSE I want to get foundations course then go to university is that possible???

Thank you

Impossible excepting the OU
Reply 4
Because this year i am going to study year 10 at the end of the year I'll do the test and next year I'll go to foundation course that's what I'm planning to do?
I'm almost certain you have to be 18 years old to go to university and you need A-Levels or BTEC qualifications to go to university.
Reply 6
What is the OU
Reply 7
Yeah I am really confused, because I'm going back to my country in about three years and I want to finish my university in London
Better for you to just take A-levels. I don't see the hurry in you trying to go to uni quickly. What course do you want to do at uni?
Because this year i am going to study year 10 at the end of the year I'll do the test and next year I'll go to foundation course that's what I'm planning to do?

You can't. As I've said, it is impossible.

I.E- Nottingham- BCC at A-level :https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/arts/teaching/foundation/foundation.aspx
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm almost certain you have to be 18 years old to go to university and you need A-Levels or BTEC qualifications to go to university.

17's the basic min age, and A-level equivalents needed
But I am not a U.K. Student
Hello everyone

Thank you

Not possible in Uk.
A foundation year is for someone who has level 3 qualifications (A level, BTEC level 3, IB etc) in the wrong subjects or not at a good enough level.
An access course is for someone who does not have those post 16 level 3 qualifications or very low graded ones and is usually a mature student (19+)

Doesn't matter.

You still have to abide by UK rules if you want to study in the UK.

You are posting on a uk website. If you are not in uk and don't intend to attend uk university then you should be more clear about what you are asking.
You’ll have some sort of post 16 qualification before going to university. And you cannot go to uni if you’re not 18.

Try doing a BTEC course. That will be equivalent to a-level and you can get to uni with it
As has been said by others, foundation courses are designed for those that took A Levels that may not necessarily be related to their specific degree (or didn't quite make the grade for the non-foundation course).

You cannot go to a UK university (outside of the OU) without some form of post-16 qualification, whether that be A Levels, BTEC, Access to HE or whatever.

Do your GCSEs then A Levels here, you could use them for university in your home country if you are going home.
But International student have a different thing
I have a friend Who did the same thing that I want to do. She graduated university at 20 or 21 I now she's working in NASA.
That's the problem I need to do my uni here.

Latest

Trending

Trending