Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I was wondering when I should start preparing for my interviews. Ive applied to exeter, sheffield, liverpool and hull york.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for Liverpool too, and I know they're starting to interview w/c 29th January 2018 according to their website, unsure about the others you've mentioned though. It's tempting to wait until I see which interviews I get (if any) to start preparing but I don't want to be last minute. I've started some prep, reading GMC guidelines on good practice, keeping up to date with medical news, thinking about developing ethical concepts etc. but only in the early stages. Good luck with your application, when are you expecting to start hearing about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I havent really started prep for the interviews yet. As im not sure, but will start soon. Like you said not to be last minute. Im expecting them late Jan tbh. Goodluck! 😀 Hope we get the offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakhan1999)
    Hello guys, I was wondering when I should start preparing for my interviews. Ive applied to exeter, sheffield, liverpool and hull york.
    Hiya,

I would defo suggest that your main preparation should start when you know that you've been invited to interview; for now, focus on your grades at school etc. If you do want to start preparing now, try and read BBC news online for a few mins in the morning to get an idea of big news stories. Maybe look into the GMC documents briefly and try and get some ideas about some key ethical debates (e.g. euthanasia, abortion etc).

Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakhan1999)
    Hi!

If you really feel inclined to start prepping then you can read GMC stuff and current NHS news, prep your answer to "why medicine, why not nursing/ research etc" now but I think it'll be worthwhile to start when you know where your interview will be (you usually find out in December/ early January) because you can prep the"why this university" "what will you contribute to our university" questions which will obviously be geared towards where your interview will be.
    It doesn't really take that long to prepare once you've been invited to interview - there are certain generic questions you'll be asked and the university specific ones.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Start thinking about interviews now. Go over your personal statement and think about questions they can ask you. E.g. if you said you have watched a particular lecture then go over that lecture and make sure you understand everything- so you can show off ur knowledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.