Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eating Dogs Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seungy_Han)
    But in some culture dogs are generally seen as source of meat? Because they don't have close bonds with dogs is it ok for them to eat it?
    To them it is. I mean, to other cultures, what we do can be seen as wrong, but if the people in the culture don't see it as wrong then it's fine for them to do it.

ReputationRep:
    But if you increase the welfare of animals you get a happy pig or a cow. It will be living it's days having a happy time. Then it's killed for meat. Wouldn't it be better if the pigs and cows are so miserable they want to kill themselves so humans do it for them?
    Are you trolling or just stupid?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Are you trolling or just stupid?
    I think you already know the answer

ReputationRep:
    But if you increase the welfare of animals you get a happy pig or a cow. It will be living it's days having a happy time. Then it's killed for meat. Wouldn't it be better if the pigs and cows are so miserable they want to kill themselves so humans do it for them?
    No. Would you rather have a nice happy life, and then be killed, or suffer your whole life and then be killed? If you suffer your whole life and then get killed, the only thing you will have experienced is pain. If you had a happy life, the only pain you will have experienced is when you were killed, which wouldn't last long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    No. Would you rather have a nice happy life, and then be killed, or suffer your whole life and then be killed? If you suffer your whole life and then get killed, the only thing you will have experienced is pain. If you had a happy life, the only pain you will have experienced is when you were killed, which wouldn't last long.
    I don't know I think I would be glad that I died if I had a miserable life

ReputationRep:
    I don't know I think I would be glad that I died if I had a miserable life
    Yes but the only happiness you would get would be at the very end of your life and not last for long. If you had a happy life the only pain you would experience would be at the end of your life and it wouldn't last for long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    Yes but the only happiness you would get would be at the very end of your life and not last for long. If you had a happy life the only pain you would experience would be at the end of your life and it wouldn't last for long.
    Wow, you must be troll proof. Gotta say I agreed with you right from the start but I wanted to test you but I guess I can't break you.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you must be troll proof. Gotta say I agreed with you right from the start but I wanted to test you but I guess I can't break you.
    Name:  trollface.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  42.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't eat my dogs unless I was really, really hungry. I'd eat yours, though.

ReputationRep:
    If the Chinese want to eat dogs let them.

It is their country/culture why should the west intervene and tell them not to just because it is unacceptable here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.