Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I’ve just been offered a place to study law at Nottingham warranted AAB

The normal offer however is AAA and the majority of people in my school (with better grades and predicted than me) have got AAA offers.

Is there any particular reason for this lower offer?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I also had something like this. I think it might be to do with contextual data like postcode, school etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Kwofie)
    I also had something like this. I think it might be to do with contextual data like postcode, school etc
    Thing is tho I go to a good school etc. I don’t really meet any of the criteria properly so don’t see why I’d have been given a contextualised offer

ReputationRep:
    Personal statement, work experience(if required), even your sixth forms reference of you. All those factors and more may allow universities to make that distinction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjustliving)
    Thing is tho I go to a good school etc. I don’t really meet any of the criteria properly so don’t see why I’d have been given a contextualised offer
    They could have given you a lower offer for a number of reasons. For example a very strong personal statement, good extra curricular activities or work experience related to your degree!

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

I’m hoping it’s because my LNAT was quite good, so my application was stronger. I don’t think my statement, work experience, reference etc was too different to that of my peers at my school.

Just hoping it was in fact that my LNAT was better so I can be optimistic about the rest of my offers

ReputationRep:
    I also had this 4 years ago when I applied! Didn't make sense to me at all but it was sent to me as a 'widening participation' offer then - so I think it is to do with postcode and whether you went to a private/state school etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.