Need help for a "backup" choice

Watch this thread
ClementBlair
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I'm a French student and I'm currently applying to law schools for 2018 entry. I've chosen LSE, Newcastle, Warwick and QMUL so far.
However, I need a backup choice and I'm struggling to choose between Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester.

Anyone having studied in one of these universities wishing to tell me about their experience there ?

Thank you !
gurlafraid
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Choose Birmingham!! Lovely campus, really good night life & really good reputation. All your choices are V high grade requirements ...
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gurlafraid)
Choose Birmingham!! Lovely campus, really good night life & really good reputation. All your choices are V high grade requirements ...
Yeah, but slight drawback ... it's in Birmingham.
thatapanydude
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For law, its easily Manchester or Exeter. In fact both have better rep than Newcastle for law.
ClementBlair
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Having checked the entry requirements for international students, I'm more focusing on Exeter as my backup choice. Even though Birmingham has low entry requirements for French students (especially for those taking Cambridge's OIB).

Manchester seems to be a top uni for law, and has the same entry requirements as Warwick.
username3525234
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Birmingham (anthem) by Lotto Boyz is a tune. I recommend you listen to it before making any decisions
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
All three Universities are 'good' Universities, and all their degrees are qualifying Law degrees.

So - look at the 'extras' on offer at each Uni. Study Abroad, extra language units, units in other subjects, or a joint subject degree.
There will be Open day films about each Uni on You Tube so you can see what each Uni and city looks like.
username2694731
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ClementBlair)
Hi,

I'm a French student and I'm currently applying to law schools for 2018 entry. I've chosen LSE, Newcastle, Warwick and QMUL so far.
However, I need a backup choice and I'm struggling to choose between Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester.

Anyone having studied in one of these universities wishing to tell me about their experience there ?

Thank you !
Look at the grades, so you have a lower "Insurance' offer as well as your 'Firm'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads