Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I enter maths UMS marks for LSE if I'm retaking modules? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I did all of A-Level maths in year 12 and I'm applying for a course at LSE which requires A* maths, so I have to input my UMS marks. However, I didn't get an A*, I just missed out on it because I didn't manage to get over 90 UMS in C4 so I'm resitting it this year to get that 90 UMS.

On the page where I input my UMS scores it says that I should leave blank the modules which I am yet to take, so I was wondering if I should leave my C4 one blank or put the module score in anyway because I'm going to retake it this academic year. If I did enter my UMS, then it would show that I have an A in normal maths and they won't know if I'm retaking it or not. I am also predicted an A* in maths and A in Further maths if that is relevant info.

Thanks for help in advance!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proximo)
    Hi,

I did all of A-Level maths in year 12 and I'm applying for a course at LSE which requires A* maths, so I have to input my UMS marks. However, I didn't get an A*, I just missed out on it because I didn't manage to get over 90 UMS in C4 so I'm resitting it this year to get that 90 UMS.

On the page where I input my UMS scores it says that I should leave blank the modules which I am yet to take, so I was wondering if I should leave my C4 one blank or put the module score in anyway because I'm going to retake it this academic year. If I did enter my UMS, then it would show that I have an A in normal maths and they won't know if I'm retaking it or not. I am also predicted an A* in maths and A in Further maths if that is relevant info.

Thanks for help in advance!!!!!!!!
    I would definitely put it down as failure to do so could be interpreted as you trying to hide something from them. if the C4 ums is an outlier compared to your other scores I think it should be fine. May I ask which course this is for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benlg3)
    I would definitely put it down as failure to do so could be interpreted as you trying to hide something from them. if the C4 ums is an outlier compared to your other scores I think it should be fine. May I ask which course this is for?
    It's for PPE and none of it has been certificated or will be until the end of this year so will that mean I could leave it blank? thanks for reply btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proximo)
    It's for PPE and none of it has been certificated or will be until the end of this year so will that mean I could leave it blank? thanks for reply btw
    I have also completed A level maths in this way and at my school our UCAS advisor said that we should always declare module ums to universities if they ask for them. it's usually the a level which hasn't been certified so all the modules you sat are still official they just haven't been aggregated into a whole a level. If it worries you too much then you should email the admissions team letting them know you wish to resit C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benlg3)
    I have also completed A level maths in this way and at my school our UCAS advisor said that we should always declare module ums to universities if they ask for them. it's usually the a level which hasn't been certified so all the modules you sat are still official they just haven't been aggregated into a whole a level. If it worries you too much then you should email the admissions team letting them know you wish to resit C4.
    okey dokey, cheers for the advice mate!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.