Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys Idk if I should be sharing this with you guys but I am really concerned about my mums health. So a few days ago my mum went grocery shop to get some groceries for dinner. She was really really tired. When we finished eating dinner my and my twin brother started arguing and because I was just fed up of it, I started crying and screaming. My mum didn't eat with us because she is on diet she was making her own food. When she heard me and my twin brother arguing she came and was telling us to stop and idekkk why but I didn't because I always ignore my brother but I was just fed up of it.
    All of a sudden, my mum started acting weird and suddenly she started asking for water and was calling out my little brother's name. We all were asking mum mum what's wrong she wasn't answering us and repeating the same thing that give me water and where is my little brother. THANK GOD. She stopped doing it when we helped her sit down and rubbed her feet.
    The next day when I asked her why she was calling out my brother's name and was spilling the water on her feet and drinking it. She said that somehow I was in a desert and my little brother was disappearing in the desert and I was calling out his name but he couldn't hear me and I was asking for water because I was thirsty. She said she couldn't see anyone of us except the desert. ALSO, it has never happened to my mum before. When I heard that I was just so shocked and there was nothing on the internet about this. I am Muslim but idk it might be a miracle from God. But I seriously am not sure. Be tell me if you know anything about this and if u do is it really severe. Should she go to the doctors. THANK U.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The way you've described it sounds like she was hallucinating. If it happens again then she should go to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    The way you've described it sounds like she was hallucinating. If it happens again then she should go to the doctor.
    Hmmm also she doesn't smoke as well so. And thank you I will.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asma Naseri)
    Hello guys Idk if I should be sharing this with you guys but I am really concerned about my mums health. So a few days ago my mum went grocery shop to get some groceries for dinner. She was really really tired. When we finished eating dinner my and my twin brother started arguing and because I was just fed up of it, I started crying and screaming. My mum didn't eat with us because she is on diet she was making her own food. When she heard me and my twin brother arguing she came and was telling us to stop and idekkk why but I didn't because I always ignore my brother but I was just fed up of it.
    All of a sudden, my mum started acting weird and suddenly she started asking for water and was calling out my little brother's name. We all were asking mum mum what's wrong she wasn't answering us and repeating the same thing that give me water and where is my little brother. THANK GOD. She stopped doing it when we helped her sit down and rubbed her feet.
    The next day when I asked her why she was calling out my brother's name and was spilling the water on her feet and drinking it. She said that somehow I was in a desert and my little brother was disappearing in the desert and I was calling out his name but he couldn't hear me and I was asking for water because I was thirsty. She said she couldn't see anyone of us except the desert. ALSO, it has never happened to my mum before. When I heard that I was just so shocked and there was nothing on the internet about this. I am Muslim but idk it might be a miracle from God. But I seriously am not sure. Be tell me if you know anything about this and if u do is it really severe. Should she go to the doctors. THANK U.
    Oh dear that must have been scary for you.

She should make an appointment to see her GP. It might help if you went with her so you can describe what it was like to watch.
    If it happens again before she sees her GP I would call 111 straight away or her drs surgery if it is open.
    It may also be a good idea for her to avoid driving until she can be seen in case it happens again while she is driving.

It's serious enough by itself because of how intrusive it is, but there are a lot of conditions that could cause something like that so it's difficult to say how serious it may be. Whatever it is, it's best to get it seen to soon so if it does need treatment it can be done early.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm also she doesn't smoke as well so. And thank you I will.
    I was watching too much House MD, but many things can cause hallucinations or bring back memories or dreams.
    If something like that happens again you should go to a doctor, meanwhile give her a proper rest and keep an eye on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Oh dear that must have been scary for you.

She should make an appointment to see her GP. It might help if you went with her so you can describe what it was like to watch.
    If it happens again before she sees her GP I would call 111 straight away or her drs surgery if it is open.
    It may also be a good idea for her to avoid driving until she can be seen in case it happens again while she is driving.

It's serious enough by itself because of how intrusive it is, but there are a lot of conditions that could cause something like that so it's difficult to say how serious it may be. Whatever it is, it's best to get it seen to soon so if it does need treatment it can be done early.

Good luck.
    Yup I will ASAP. Thank u 💓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy89)
    I was watching too much House MD, but many things can cause hallucinations or bring back memories or dreams.
    If something like that happens again you should go to a doctor, meanwhile give her a proper rest and keep an eye on her.
    Yup yup. I will. Thank you 💓

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys Idk if I should be sharing this with you guys but I am really concerned about my mums health. So a few days ago my mum went grocery shop to get some groceries for dinner. She was really really tired. When we finished eating dinner my and my twin brother started arguing and because I was just fed up of it, I started crying and screaming. My mum didn't eat with us because she is on diet she was making her own food. When she heard me and my twin brother arguing she came and was telling us to stop and idekkk why but I didnwwa't because I always ignore my brother but I was just fed up of it.
    I think mum needs to see the doctor. If she doesn't want to go the Surgery, she or you could ring the Surgery and ask for a call-back. The Surgery will give you a time when the on duty doctor will call your home and you and your mum can explain to the doctor what is going and that you are worried and the doctor will advise her. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    I think mum needs to see the doctor. If she doesn't want to go the Surgery, she or you could ring the Surgery and ask for a call-back. The Surgery will give you a time when the on duty doctor will call your home and you and your mum can explain to the doctor what is going and that you are worried and the doctor will advise her. X
    Yah I will try thank you 💓x

ReputationRep:
    Yah I will try thank you 💓x
    And come back and tell us how your mum is and if she is getting any treatment. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    And come back and tell us how your mum is and if she is getting any treatment. X
    Yah sure. Thanks for worrying x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Your mum may have a mental health condition. She should see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Your mum may have a mental health condition. She should see a doctor.
    Ahhhh that's so much more worrying.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh that's so much more worrying.
    Ah I didn't mean to worry you further but to point out there's an issue and it'd be great if you could guide her into getting some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Ah I didn't mean to worry you further but to point out there's an issue and it'd be great if you could guide her into getting some help.
    Yah thank you. I will ASAP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.