Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a Internet best friend who is around 7 hours away from me we have known each other for around 9 months roughly and we are super close we message almost everyday and she has helped me through so much. For those thinking is she a catfish she is not since we video chat in daylight and I can clearly see her.

My internet best friend is like 8-10 hours away meeting her would be impossible although she is coming to where I live to visit some of her step dads family in the area where I live. I feel terrible for not telling my mom but I know she would kill me and probably never give me my phone back.

I feel like I need to wait till I’m probably like 16-18 to tell her but I’m just unsure. Her mom would kill her too if she knew she was talking to me. I really need her in my life it’s cruel really that she does not live by me I hate it truly that I have not known her longer.

I know some of her friends we have a few group chats and we get on well but there’s always a tiny bit of hurt not jealousy but hurt because I wish I could be having sleepovers ect.

My internet best friend is coming to visit around December and I don’t know if I should lie to my mom and meet her but I can’t tell her because I know how over protective she will be and I’m also a bit nervous of meeting her please give tips and opinions.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's important for both of you to be safe at all times, especially in the United States. How old are you? If you demand individual liberty you have no choice but to prove it can be done.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.