Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've been driving for two years in March and I had my fifth driving test yesterday. With great regret I can say I failed with one serious and one minor. And I can say that the serious was a stupid mistake I am now kicking myself over and I would never have made the mistake when driving normally.

Okay, so, what I'm really frustrated about is the fact the new test is implemented on Dec the 4th and the earliest test available is Dec the 8th. I have booked this date, but it's so longgggg to wait and the examiner at the end of the test said my driving was perfect apart from that one error, so I know I am ready.

I just really don't want to do the new test and I am hoping an earlier date will become available. I've seen sites online that ask for your name, driving test number and driving licence number but I don't feel safe giving my personal details away for someone to check test dates that become available on my behalf.

Is anyone facing the same issue I am with having to take the new test ????????
    Also, does anyone think its likely that people will cancel their tests to do the new one?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people will be in your position. There should be a government website so you know it's safe to tell you about cancellations, however I'm not sure as I haven't used one.

People cancel for all sorts of reasons so it's very possible someone will cancel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkalina)
    Hi all,

I've been driving for two years in March and I had my fifth driving test yesterday. With great regret I can say I failed with one serious and one minor. And I can say that the serious was a stupid mistake I am now kicking myself over and I would never have made the mistake when driving normally.

Okay, so, what I'm really frustrated about is the fact the new test is implemented on Dec the 4th and the earliest test available is Dec the 8th. I have booked this date, but it's so longgggg to wait and the examiner at the end of the test said my driving was perfect apart from that one error, so I know I am ready.

I just really don't want to do the new test and I am hoping an earlier date will become available. I've seen sites online that ask for your name, driving test number and driving licence number but I don't feel safe giving my personal details away for someone to check test dates that become available on my behalf.

Is anyone facing the same issue I am with having to take the new test ????????
    Also, does anyone think its likely that people will cancel their tests to do the new one?
    Just keep refreshing the page and check it every so often when i did my test an earlier appointment came up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    A lot of people will be in your position. There should be a government website so you know it's safe to tell you about cancellations, however I'm not sure as I haven't used one.

People cancel for all sorts of reasons so it's very possible someone will cancel.
    Aw thanks, I just have to keep checking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivaronaldoo)
    Just keep refreshing the page and check it every so often when i did my test an earlier appointment came up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, It's so annoying having to keep typing in my details.

ReputationRep:
    get an app called testi it is free and works like a dream, my test was originally on 27th jan but I did it 2 weeks ago and passed It notifies you immediately of a test and autofills your details when you click on a cancellation and all you have to do is click confirm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zx12r1)
    get an app called testi it is free and works like a dream, my test was originally on 27th jan but I did it 2 weeks ago and passed It notifies you immediately of a test and autofills your details when you click on a cancellation and all you have to do is click confirm.
    But I'm sort of worried about giving my provisional driving licence number and my booking number away, because its like your personal details isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkalina)
    But I'm sort of worried about giving my provisional driving licence number and my booking number away, because its like your personal details isn't it?
    Yes but the app is merely a computer algorithim which finds the earliest date possible as soon as it becomes avaialble, you still have to click confirm to book it and its not like your card info is linked to it, the app also has dozens of reviews so its reliable and does the job

ReputationRep:
    Kind of similar situation. I started lessons in september and I was hoping to pass before 4th Dec..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zx12r1)
    Yes but the app is merely a computer algorithim which finds the earliest date possible as soon as it becomes avaialble, you still have to click confirm to book it and its not like your card info is linked to it, the app also has dozens of reviews so its reliable and does the job

ahhh ok! Thank you of reassuring me , I had visions of my identity being stolen:afraid:. I'm such a stress head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texxers 3.0)
    Kind of similar situation. I started lessons in september and I was hoping to pass before 4th Dec..
    It sucks so much! I feel your pain...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Learning to drive.

ReputationRep:
    yep, exactly same position, did my first test yesterday and did something completely out of character which cost me my test..i've been learning for almost 2 years so took a lot of confidence to finally book - i didn't see the traffic light and we were facing downhill on a road i had never been on before - i saw a gap and went to go thinking it was a junction but it was a red light. absolutely devastated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz4892)
    yep, exactly same position, did my first test yesterday and did something completely out of character which cost me my test..i've been learning for almost 2 years so took a lot of confidence to finally book - i didn't see the traffic light and we were facing downhill on a road i had never been on before - i saw a gap and went to go thinking it was a junction but it was a red light. absolutely devastated.
    Awww that is so annoying! As it was your first test you could just count it as your practice run? I know exactly how you feel though... have you booked another one? Keep checking for cancellations, you never know, one might pop up. Two have come up for this week at my local centre, but my driving instructor could not do either of them because he already had tests booked!!! (talk about annoying)
    Hope you pass next time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.