Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like someone in my accomodation Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I moved in to student accommodation this year, I'm really lucky because I live in a block of 6 5/6bedroom flats and the majority of us get along super well. We have a big group chat and often hang out, go out, drink, watch movies, etc etc.

Recently I've got pretty close to one guy who lives above me, I feel like we've always got a long since Freshers and we've been hanging out and talking a lot lately.

Last night I was at work and there was a party in his flat, I was due to come after work but I got held up. He was drunk texting me throughout the later part of my shift, and it came to the point of him saying things like "oh my god why are you so cute" (maybe spelled worse because of the alcohol ahaha).

I finished up work and went home and saw him and his flatmates for a bit, I left after we got him into bed. He continued messaging me from his bed, and as he was *slightly* sobering up he said he's had a crush on me for a while, I didn't outright say I liked him back but told him we'll need to talk about stuff when nobody is drunk.

I do like him, I even came home on Tuesday night drunk and was adamant I was going to hug him. The issue is I don't know if it's a good idea to pursue a relationship when we're living in this kind of accomodation. There have been hook ups between other blockmates and this guy pulled his flatmate in Freshers and they've got together a few times since.

ReputationRep:
    The only way to know for sure is to talk to him when you're both sober.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would live for the moment. Might well end in tears but so might anything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.