The Student Room Group

Do you need a degree to become a tree surgoeon

I know that medical surgeons have to have a degree to become a surgeon so do those who want to become a tree surgeon need to have a degree in trees
is this a stupid question as both professions are in the same ball park so to speak
does anyone know ?
ahahahahahahaa did you just say a tree surgeon and a medical surgeon were similair in professions ? One cut downs trees the other saves lives
in what way are they similair
Reply 2
Oh, you mean Arborist? You need college/sixth form qualification. Some companies want from you a degree.
Reply 3
Original post by Heyok
Oh, you mean Arborist? You need college/sixth form qualification. Some companies want from you a degree.

yes i mean a arborist
what degree would those companies want would you say
Reply 4
Original post by marklow
yes i mean a arborist
what degree would those companies want would you say

*I am not an expert on that*

Something relanted to forestry, ecology, geography. Something related with those. (You should check on internet arborist jobs and see what qualification you need, they will give the specific information with qualification). Good luck :smile:
Lol highly doubt it
i suppose it depends which branch you are interested in ?

:holmes:

https://media.tenor.com/images/63322e6ff4ad43666f2c80067bb474dd/tenor.gif
When I was like 14, one of my friends from London convinced me that her dad was a tree surgeon (that he operated on trees to save their lives) - funny memory, tragic nonetheless.
Reply 8
To become a tree surgeon you will need to get your NPRC certs in chainsaw maintaince, felling small trees, tree climbing, aerial rescue and aerial cutting tickets. You can start out for a company as a Groundsman assisting the lead climber and gain experience and get your nptc certs as you gain more experience.Don't bother with college unless you want to go to university. A degree if you just want to do the balls deep physical work. I did Arboricture and Forestry at college. It was interesting but useless at getting a job with unless you have your nptc certs.You can go all over the wod in the industry. Get a 1 year visa to canada and you're sorted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending