Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that medical surgeons have to have a degree to become a surgeon so do those who want to become a tree surgeon need to have a degree in trees
    is this a stupid question as both professions are in the same ball park so to speak
    does anyone know ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ahahahahahahaa did you just say a tree surgeon and a medical surgeon were similair in professions ? One cut downs trees the other saves lives
    in what way are they similair

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you mean Arborist? You need college/sixth form qualification. Some companies want from you a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyok)
    Oh, you mean Arborist? You need college/sixth form qualification. Some companies want from you a degree.
    yes i mean a arborist
    what degree would those companies want would you say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marklow)
    yes i mean a arborist
    what degree would those companies want would you say
    *I am not an expert on that*

Something relanted to forestry, ecology, geography. Something related with those. (You should check on internet arborist jobs and see what qualification you need, they will give the specific information with qualification). Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Lol highly doubt it

ReputationRep:
    i suppose it depends which branch you are interested in ?

:holmes:

https://media.tenor.com/images/63322...74dd/tenor.gif

ReputationRep:
    When I was like 14, one of my friends from London convinced me that her dad was a tree surgeon (that he operated on trees to save their lives) - funny memory, tragic nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    To become a tree surgeon you will need to get your NPRC certs in chainsaw maintaince, felling small trees, tree climbing, aerial rescue and aerial cutting tickets. You can start out for a company as a Groundsman assisting the lead climber and gain experience and get your nptc certs as you gain more experience.Don't bother with college unless you want to go to university. A degree if you just want to do the balls deep physical work. I did Arboricture and Forestry at college. It was interesting but useless at getting a job with unless you have your nptc certs.You can go all over the wod in the industry. Get a 1 year visa to canada and you're sorted

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.