Should I take Sociology as a private subject? Watch

reminiscence-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing O-Levels. I have nine subjects already, including Global Perspectives and Additional Math, but I'm really interested in Sociology. Is it a time-consuming subject? If I do take it, is it going to hurt my other subjects?
thirteenreasons
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did sociology GCSE and am currently doing sociology A-level, there is definitely a lot of content to cover but in terms of difficulty it is definitely possible if its a subject your genuinely interested in.
reminiscence-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by thirteenreasons)
I did sociology GCSE and am currently doing sociology A-level, there is definitely a lot of content to cover but in terms of difficulty it is definitely possible if its a subject your genuinely interested in.
Thank you! I'm definitely genuinely interested, and I know that I'm going to do Sociology A Level. It's only that if I take it, I'll have to study on my own as my school doesn't offer Sociology courses for O Level. But I'm going to try. You mention there's a lot of content, are there any specific books that could help? I'm currently studying through Ken Brown's Introduction to Sociology.
thirteenreasons
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reminiscence-)
Thank you! I'm definitely genuinely interested, and I know that I'm going to do Sociology A Level. It's only that if I take it, I'll have to study on my own as my school doesn't offer Sociology courses for O Level. But I'm going to try. You mention there's a lot of content, are there any specific books that could help? I'm currently studying through Ken Brown's Introduction to Sociology.
My school uses the Ken Brown books to, I find they can be a bit overwhelming though. The books I find really helpful are these; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sociology-E...evel+sociology
Theres one for each topic, so you can look at the specification and pick which ones you want to do, id also recommend watching Ibz Mo on youtube, he's made some good videos on sociology a-level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erc2...4vAnTp&index=3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (113)
58.85%
No (79)
41.15%

Watched Threads