Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I’m thinking of starting one although I intended to hopefully live where he live s in the near future,but will it work? What are people’s opinions on them?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I've been in 2 myself and both times they never worked. But if you like the person enough then go ahead! They may work for you but personally, I wanted more than the other person was willing to offer

ReputationRep:
    I've been in one since July and it's wonderful so far. I'm going back to see him at Christmas. I think they can work if you put in the effort. You need to communicate a lot more than if it was a close distance one. My boyfriend and I Skype several times a day and we also text on Kik almost the whole time we are awake. Sometimes we even watch each other sleep, because it makes us feel closer together. He's in America and I'm in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    i think any relationship (long distance or not) will work if both parties involved put in the effort required to make it work. many in-person relationships fail too if both people aren't putting in effort to be there for one another. it all comes down to how much you both want it to work, i think.
    i wish you good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.