Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,i'm italian and the next month i will move in UK. My english is basic,I can understand when people speaks but sometimes i have a problems with some word, I wondering if i can apply to work at primark. I'M very scared about this situation because i dont now if i will be able to do an interview. wich are the questions that do at interviw? if i will work part time wich shift i will do? i would like to study in the evening , will be possible to work from 10 am to 2 pm ????? thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by critha89)
    Hi ,i'm italian and the next month i will move in UK. My english is basic,I can understand when people speaks but sometimes i have a problems with some word, I wondering if i can apply to work at primark. I'M very scared about this situation because i dont now if i will be able to do an interview. wich are the questions that do at interviw? if i will work part time wich shift i will do? i would like to study in the evening , will be possible to work from 10 am to 2 pm ????? thanks very much
    Do you think in italian or english?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t5y6u7i8)
    Do you think in italian or english?
    in italian, and my level is b1 in english ..... i want improve....

ReputationRep:
    in italian
    Anyways your english is pretty good, I understood what you said. Primark doesn't have steep entry requirements to work at, you just need to be able to work hard and be friendly to customers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyways your english is pretty good, I understood what you said. Primark doesn't have steep entry requirements to work at, you just need to be able to work hard and be friendly to customers.
    thanks i hope

ReputationRep:
    They ask questions like why do you want to work here, your strengths and weaknesses, examples of times you've worked in a team / delivered excellent customer service / handled a difficult situation.

It's impossible to say what shift you will get. It purely depends on when they need their staff. Quite often shift work changes every week so one week you could do an early shift and the next you work a late shift.

ReputationRep:
    There are better options than working for Primark. It is the lowest of the low as far as clothing goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    They ask questions like why do you want to work here, your strengths and weaknesses, examples of times you've worked in a team / delivered excellent customer service / handled a difficult situation.

It's impossible to say what shift you will get. It purely depends on when they need their staff. Quite often shift work changes every week so one week you could do an early shift and the next you work a late shift.
    well, thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    There are better options than working for Primark. It is the lowest of the low as far as clothing goes.
    Yes , i know i will look for another option when i will be in uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    ABF (the owners of primark) are a very profitable company, I own £3000 worth of shares in ABF.

ReputationRep:
    in italian, and my level is b1 in english ..... i want improve....
    How many languages can you think in?

ReputationRep:
    How many languages can you think in?
    Sometimes i think in english , but it's hard ! because i live in italy for now and im in contact with italian. when i was in uk, 2 years ago, i thought in both languages

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.