Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for international foundation program at KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_K_)
    Anyone for international foundation program at KCL?
    Need a minimum of 35 points in IB or a BBB at A-Levels in order to applicable. Got rejected because they didn't accept IB Certificate (Partial IB).

ReputationRep:
    1.Do you have to just meet the entry requirements or do you have to exceed them to have a good chance of getting in?2.Any advice on personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_K_)
    1.Do you have to just meet the entry requirements or do you have to exceed them to have a good chance of getting in?2.Any advice on personal statement?
    It would be good if you have any work experience that you could mention on personal statement. Kings like work experience.

You need to meet the subject requirements i.e. for Biology and Chemistry foundation, you need biology and chemistry. If you meet the entry requirements then thats good enough as foundations are meant to be for people who didn't perform well.

How were your grades like? I think you should get in as long as you meet the subject requirements and BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajyadav17)
    It would be good if you have any work experience that you could mention on personal statement. Kings like work experience.

You need to meet the subject requirements i.e. for Biology and Chemistry foundation, you need biology and chemistry. If you meet the entry requirements then thats good enough as foundations are meant to be for people who didn't perform well.

How were your grades like? I think you should get in as long as you meet the subject requirements and BBB.
    I am actually studying in HSC board in India and my predicted grades are 75% overall (70% is the requirement on the website).Though where I come from is a rural area and I haven't had quite as many opportunities to work or even do any activity.I am also applying for UCL's foundation? Are you?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing a Foundation at Cambridge (CSC) in January for 6 months and from there I will be applying to Bachelors. The course there is equivalent to A-Levels so its great. People have gone to QMUL, KCL, Bath and Durham from that college. I would suggest you to consider CSC as a backup terms of UCL's Foundation, it is quite competitive. You have to sit an entrance exam and then go for an interview. But its worth a try.What course do you want do?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing a Foundation at Cambridge (CSC) in January for 6 months and from there I will be applying to Bachelors. The course there is equivalent to A-Levels so its great. People have gone to QMUL, KCL, Bath and Durham from that college. I would suggest you to consider CSC as a backup terms of UCL's Foundation, it is quite competitive. You have to sit an entrance exam and then go for an interview. But its worth a try.What course do you want do?
    Yes, I am aware of that. Where else have you applied?Are you from India too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_K_)
    I am Indian but I studied in Bangkok, Thailand. I am going to CSC and then applying for Biomedical Sciences.

What is your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_K_)
    I only applied to KCL and CSC because my course doesn't have a lot of foundations.

ReputationRep:
    I only applied to KCL and CSC because my course doesn't have a lot of foundations.
    I am applying for international relations
    I am applying for 5 foundation courses
    1.UCL
    2.KCL
    3.st.andrews
    4.durham
    5.soas london
    and probably CSC too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.